Snow Days

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 19th 2003, 11:56 am

*sigh* It tool me two and a half hours to get to work today, b/c the streets are not yet completely plowed. Yeah. This job is so not worth it. But at least I got two free days off!

:x
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

snow

Post by lance » Feb 19th 2003, 3:28 pm

Megs wrote:*sigh* It tool me two and a half hours to get to work today, b/c the streets are not yet completely plowed. Yeah. This job is so not worth it. But at least I got two free days off!

:x
Cool. I mean the two days off, not the drive.

It has been snowing here since about 11:00 am EST. Don't know how much we will get. The ride home should be interesting.

Best,

Lance Man

Megs
Lifehead

Re: snow

Post by Megs » Feb 19th 2003, 3:54 pm

lance wrote:It has been snowing here since about 11:00 am EST. Don't know how much we will get. The ride home should be interesting.
Be safe on your ride home!
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Mar 3rd 2003, 4:53 am

I was thankful that I didn't have to deal with the snowstorms that the East Coast was hit with recently, but living in Chicago certainly keeps things interesting weather-wise. I remember it snowing last year in April, which didn't even seem that odd for the Windy City.

The most recent snow event that sticks out in my mind was in January, when it snowed in France. I was supposed to pick my friend up at O'Hare International Airport. After checking online to ensure the flight was still on schedule, I ended up waiting in line upon line just to find out that no flights were coming out of Paris due to weather. I got home and had a voice mail message from my friend, who unfortunately had spent about 12 hours figuring out what was going on and getting back from the airport to where she was staying. She said it was unbelievable how France handled snow. Apparently, a couple of inches really caused havoc everywhere. Luckily, she was able to get a flight back the next day.

A long ago snow event that also sticks in my mind was a blizzard that occurred in the late 1970s. All I remember was the snow being higher than me. While it was enjoyable back then because I was a little kid and loved snow days, I certainly hope nothing like that ever hits the area again. Of course, now I've probably jinxed Chicago and we'll be buried underneath some snow soon.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

RCBS
Overlooked Sibling
Location: 100 miles from Three Rivers, on the good side of the River

Re: Snow Days

Post by RCBS » Aug 8th 2011, 9:53 pm

Cereal.