Newbies!

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 17th 2004, 1:22 am

Welcome to the forum Kelsey!

:flowers:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

YvBaBy
Jody Barsh

Post by YvBaBy » Mar 31st 2004, 10:45 am

hello everyone :)

I'm new here. That's my first visit on http://www.mscl.com and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this site...it's note easy to find a good website about mscl ..
well....i've been a huge mscl fan for years..

so thx for keepin "the spirit of mscl" alive :)

Twizm
Tino

Post by Twizm » Mar 31st 2004, 10:15 pm

Hi Everyone! :D

I've been to the site just a few times over the last few years (read: maybe 4 times total), but never went to the forums. This is a really in-depth site. Reading up on a lot of what the site has to offer really got me thinking a lot about the show. I never watched MSCL while it was on ABC (hey, I was in middle school at the time, but do wish I had supported it), I did watch it when it re-aired on MTV though and that's when I fell in-love with it. Nothing in any medium (TV, movies, etc.) before or since has ever portrayed, not just teenagers, but PEOPLE in general, so realistically then MSCL. I since have recorded every episode on tape, now I own the DVD box set (finally got it as a Christmas gift this past year) and I just finished watching all 19 episodes again. Man, this show was so great. There's not ONE weak episode in the series. All 19 episodes are just perfect.

MSCL is one of the few shows I've ever watched or do watch. I like "Roseanne" and most shows on HBO, "Six Feet Under" "Sex and the City" and "The Sopranos" but that's about it. I'm more of a movies type of guy, really. I LOVE movies.

I'm 20, going on 21, and a college student. That's about all I can think of for now, I'm pretty boring. I don't really have hobbies, just "whatever happens, happens" :) And that's how I really live my life.

AllisonI3
Frozen Embryo

Hello!

Post by AllisonI3 » May 20th 2004, 7:42 pm

Hey everyone! My Very First Post! LOL I love this Board and the site. I've been lurkin' around for a little while and I love all the things everyone has to say ! So I just wanted to say Hi!

:D

YvBaBy
Jody Barsh

Post by YvBaBy » May 30th 2004, 5:34 am

hey and welcome allison :)
ImageImage

intergalactic66
Frozen Embryo

Post by intergalactic66 » Jun 20th 2004, 1:24 pm

Hello my fellow mscl fiends, I'm new!
I've been looking at the site for a few years, but have only just got off my lazy arse and signed up! I first found out about the fated dvd box set on here all those years ago, damn another universe... I'm not bitter! Anyway, I have the dvd box now after being double charged like everyone else (ok rant over it's all been done before.) I absolutely love mscl, I first saw it 10 years ago on tv in U.K, I think I was 18. Although I didn't see all episodes, it was repeated about 7 years ago and I set my video recorder for the last episode as I was at work, and the tape screwed up! I thought I'd never see the last episode until the dvd was released - hooray! I hadn't seen the halloween episode either, but think thats a bit lame, it's definately my least favourite. I think the substitute is my favourite, or weekend for it's comedy value.
I'm just trying to think of candygirls random questions to answer, um....
Fav fruit- Strawberries
Shoe size - 5 in uk terms, think thats a 7 in usa!
Fav disco song - Um, not hugely into disco, i'm a rocker, um, Yarboughs and peoples - don't stop the music, or Rufus - aint nobody.
Greatest accomplishment - probably finally finding love (and my greatest fear.)
Most guilty pleasure - Thats far too rude for this family friendly site!
Fav Cartoon character - prob Stewie from Family Guy, although Daria rocks too.
Anything else?
I love music so anyone into alternative, indie, rock feel free to private message me, (if you think theres something I should be listening to let me know!) I like( in no particular order) Nine inch nails, Marilyn Manson, Pixies, Jack off Jill, Pj Harvey, Peaches, Rico, David Bowie, Madonna, Le Tigre, Depeche Mode, Stooges, Franz Ferdinand, Black Sabbath, Sebadoh,Hole, Acdc, Metallica, L7 and far too many more to mention!
Thats enough from me, Cool site!
xxx

angela_is_me
Frozen Embryo

Post by angela_is_me » Jun 27th 2004, 1:47 am

<marquee> <b> my name is maritza, and i am addicted to My socalled life. i am 20, so if you count i was 10 when the show first appeared, being a child i didnt get it and tried to watch it, but it always stayed with me.i tried again when it came back on mtv, chopped it up and made it horrible. so now i am 20 and it's now on the N network and i am obsessed! i love it!<b>
<marquee><b>i adore this show....<b>

Crescendo
Tino

Post by Crescendo » Jun 27th 2004, 4:28 pm

Hey MSCL-ers!

I'm so thrilled that I found this great, comprehensive site dedicated to MSCL! I have become obsessed with this show, and I adore all the characters, especially Rickie, because he's my favorite. (In fact, my username was gonna be something like "RickieFan" or "RachisaRVfan" or even "RavinRickie"- LoL!....corny!!)

My So-Called Life means a lot to me, because I find myself relating to the characters and their thoughts, dreams, fears, and situation. I wish the show had lasted longer because it is so earnest and realistic.

Oh yeah, my favorite episode is "Life of Brian." Although, maybe I'll have a new fave after I see all the episodes... but LOB is an incredible ep.! (I started watching MSCL when it began airing on "the-n").

LaTeR!
"How ironic can you get without, like, puking?" -Brian in "Life of Brian"

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 27th 2004, 5:42 pm

Welcome to our newest members - intergalactic66, angela_is_me, and Crescendo!

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Re: Newbie

Post by Guest » Jun 27th 2004, 9:43 pm

angela_is_me wrote: <b> my name is maritza, and i am addicted to My socalled life. i am 20, so if you count i was 10 when the show first appeared, being a child i didnt get it and tried to watch it, but it always stayed with me.i tried again when it came back on mtv, chopped it up and made it horrible. so now i am 20 and it's now on the N network and i am obsessed! i love it! the real deal is this show and the fact that it mirrors my high school -college existence, and it's great that its such a cliche show, but i adore it<b>
"and i spell my name with one l"--angela to jordan

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 27th 2004, 11:39 pm

FYI - you can edit your post rather than quoting yourself and adding to it.

:mrgreen:

JammerMan
Nicky Driscoll

Post by JammerMan » Jul 3rd 2004, 12:30 am

<--- is a newbie! This site is amazing. A job well done. :D

I started watching MSCL when it began airing on The N in April. I was too young to watch it back in the 90s. I'm only 16! But I'm hooked now and I'm totally in love with everything about this show. I'm also in love with Degrassi: The Next Generation, which airs on The N as well.

Firekeeper
Tino

Post by Firekeeper » Jul 10th 2004, 7:41 pm

Hiya all! I'm 16 and I started watching this show a little over a year and a half ago after I bought the DVD set for my sister (who's 25) for Christmas. I watched the whole set in 2 or 3 days. I think it's hilarious when the N advertises any episode as brand new.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 11th 2004, 3:34 am

Heh, I like to think of that along the same lines as when NBC used to advertise reruns as "new to you!" I just found it hilarious that they were saying, "We know you haven't been watching this show, but look, we're airing it again so please tune in!"

Welcome to the forum!

NegativeOne
Frozen Embryo

Post by NegativeOne » Jul 11th 2004, 9:58 pm

i've been coming to this site pretty much since it started, and for some reason i never signed up till now. i don't talk much so i have nothing more to say right now.