Newbies!

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
Tish
Three Rivers Resident

Re: Newbies!

Post by Tish » May 6th 2009, 8:39 pm

HI! :) I joined the website just a while ago (applause) thank you thank you. When I first saw this show it was by accident on a Thursday at 8pm around 1995. It was the Betrayal episode and it happened to be showing the part where Jordan and Rayanne were leaning on his car, drunk-but "not drunk enough. I thpought, wow what's gonna happen next and the show instantly caught my interest cos the characters were so real. Then I started watching and was hooked and was upset when it got cancelled but later on Much Music they started playing reruns and I was really hooked. I was starting college (university) at the time and couldn't catch the earlier episodes. Now that I have the DVDs I'm addicted! I have to go talk to my boyfriend, he's calling right now. Bye lifers, hope to get to know you better. :D
"i am a punk rocker, and i fight for justice!"

Uncertain C.
Frozen Embryo

Post by Uncertain C. » Jun 8th 2009, 9:57 am

hi all. another newbie here :)

i'm 26, from barcelona (spain), and just watched the MSCL series. i must say this is a fantastic show. i don't remember when it was aired in spain, but i know that there were a small cult followin' here.

congratulations for your page, guys! keep rockin' on!

haunted_mind
Tino

Post by haunted_mind » Jun 21st 2009, 10:27 pm

Hey y'all! I'm a 27 year old female from Texas, originally from Southern California. I'm going to use the "interview" that was in one of the original posts of this forum, since I liked the randomness of it!

When did you first see the show?I first saw the show when I was around 14 in reruns on MTV. I fell in love with it. Several years later, I got the 3 tape VHS set of the first 6 episodes and watched those. I loaned them to a friend in college, during which time her VCR was stolen with my tape in it :( I finally got the full series on DVD for Christmas of 08. Yay.

How has the show impacted your life? Can anyone really put this into words? The quotes and ideas find themselves into my speech everyday. I quote it, I think about the scenes. I am still just amazed as I watch it, just how amazing the show was. Everytime I watch it, I obsess for a few weeks and then it gradually fades away til I watch again. Right now "Red" is my ringtone, and when I get a text, it says, "You? That is so, like, laughable."

What are your goals and aspirations? I have no exciting answer for this. I want to teach and be settled and continue watching My So-Called Life whenever I feel the urge. Hehe. Oh, and marriage and kids would be awesome, one day.

What is your greatest accomplishment in life thus far? Graduating from college.

What is your shoe size? 7.5

What is your favorite fruit? Don't like fruit really. But I can tolerate strawberries, bananas and grapes. And peaches that aren't fresh, the skin grosses me out.

Guilty pleasure? Good books. Chocolate. Chick flicks.

Best childhood sugary Saturday morning cereal? When I was little, it was all about Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Favorite cartoon character? Oh boy. I saw this on someone's answer and I went, sweet...I loved that show. So for this post, I'll go with Daria. I used to rock the big bangs and glasses.

What is the ultimate disco song? Hell if I know. I'm gonna pick one that I love singing when it comes on, but by no means is it the Ultimate, and that's "Don't Leave Me This Way" by Thelma Houston.

Glad to be on the site and hopefully people are still postin these days.
*It's like you've created your own prison, and now you have to exist in it*

Stick
Liberty High Student

Post by Stick » Jun 21st 2009, 11:32 pm

Did you come over from IMDb?

haunted_mind
Tino

Post by haunted_mind » Jun 22nd 2009, 3:36 pm

I have posted some over there as well. I found this one just looking around on google :D
*It's like you've created your own prison, and now you have to exist in it*

4alifetime
Liberty High Student

Post by 4alifetime » Jul 20th 2009, 12:54 pm

HauntedMind, How is "Red" your ringtone? That's awesome!
There's so many different ways to be connected to people.
There are the people you feel this unspoken connection to,
even though there's not even a word for it.
There's the people who you've known forever, who know you in
this way that other people can't, because they've seen you
change...

they've let you change.

shanna-irl
Tino

Post by shanna-irl » Aug 15th 2009, 7:44 am

I just found this site yesterday and I've been yapping away without ever introducing myself. So hi!!!!

I'm from Ireland, I'm 26, I have a 4yr old son, and I love MSCL now as much as I did back in the 'day.

I'm already semi-addicted to this site, there are so many wonderful memories and opinions here, it's nice to know so many people feel the same.

I do tend to ramble, so I apologize in advance :D

Brunkster
Liberty High Student

Post by Brunkster » Aug 20th 2009, 2:01 pm

Welcome, Shanna! Have fun poking around the site - there are several days worth of reading among the various threads. Don't forget to contribute your own thoughts!

Tish
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Tish » Oct 20th 2009, 2:37 am

i'm not that much of a newbie, but i'm a punk rocker who adores mscl...i love hearts, fishnets, punk rock, glam rock, my boyfriend...oi mscl rocks! :twisted:
"i am a punk rocker, and i fight for justice!"

IChoseKrakow
Frozen Embryo

Post by IChoseKrakow » Oct 22nd 2009, 11:00 pm

Hello!

I discovered MSCL when it was airing on MTV after it was canceled. I was 13 at the time. I am 25 now. I loved the show then, but for some reason never finished watching all the episodes. I looked into it again the last couple years & found the box set. I wanted it so I could finish them & I knew it would be something I loved enough to watch over & over. I just went through the set my second time, start to finish. This is an awesome site! Thank you for providing a place for the true fans! :D
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.
-Angela-

papertiger
Frozen Embryo

Post by papertiger » Mar 14th 2010, 12:55 pm

I know this forum is kind of dead but i'll introduce myself anyway.

I'm 22 and I recently got into MSCL mostly b/c of ONTD (livejournal community) ..they reference this show in a lot of Leto posts and also b/c I have a very slight crush on Jared Leto...

I remember seeing previews for it on MTV when I was younger but thought the show was going to be lame so never bothered watching it. I know it aired on ABC prior to that but I was only 7 or 8 then.

I rented it from my local library and actually really enjoyed the show. It brought back a lot of funny and sad memories of my days in high school...
I adored Claire's character Angela Chase...
side note: I rented the Freaks & Geeks series (which kind of reminded me of this show) a year or two ago and couldn't like the main character at all. Though i did like that series...until the end.
Anyway yeah...I preferred MSCL as Angela's character was likable and very real.

i recently decided to purchase the complete MSCL series from ebay...only $29.00. I was stoked! Will be watching it again once Spring Break starts.
:D

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » Mar 15th 2010, 10:44 am

Papertiger,

Yeah, this place is kind of slow these days, but be sure to check out the forum anyway, there's a lot of great old threads.

Welcome to the forum.
What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second."

papertiger
Frozen Embryo

Post by papertiger » Mar 15th 2010, 3:12 pm

stburr91 wrote:Papertiger,

Yeah, this place is kind of slow these days, but be sure to check out the forum anyway, there's a lot of great old threads.

Welcome to the forum.
Hey!

Yeah I've been doing some browsing on these forums

Brunkster
Liberty High Student

Post by Brunkster » Apr 7th 2010, 1:34 pm

papertiger wrote: I rented it from my local library and actually really enjoyed the show.
I'm surprised that A) your local library had this on their shelves and B) that they "rented" it! I hope you mean that you just signed it out. If not, though, I'm all for local libraries exploring new revenue streams. Great job finding the complete series on Ebay for such a good price!

Bacchante
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Bacchante » Sep 14th 2010, 11:54 am

I am going to follow the rules and introduce myself, I guess :)

Hello everyone!

I found out about this show after a brief obsession with Jared Leto (which started after I watched Requiem for a Dream and was reading about the movie and the actors later, and I found out he had a band, etc.) I REALLY liked the show (obviously I wouldn't be here otherwise ;)), and the relationship between Angela and Jordan really reminded me of most of my relationships... MSCL has also made me miss the 90s and generally being younger (not that I'm old :)) In terms of the "eternal question" (Jordan or Brian?) I'm kind of torn, but I think I choose Jordan, for a number of reasons that I'd discuss in the appropriate threads.