Newbies!

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
BeChase
Frozen Embryo

Re: Newbies!

Post by BeChase » May 12th 2013, 11:58 am

Hi, I am Bernd from Germany!
In 1996 I watched for the first time MSCL in the German TV... loved it and recorded it on VHS. When the DVD set came out, I was happy to get it, but also a little bit disappointed about the quality pressed on DVD - and that there was no bonus material. I know there is a bonus disc in the English territory, perhaps I will get it one day.
So I hope for a Blu-Ray release. And that they think about a sequel mini series... MSCL 20 years later... with the same actors... wouldn't that be a great thing? I love this idea!
Until this we have to live our own so-called live :)
Greetings from Forchheim near Nuremberg!
BERND

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » May 12th 2013, 1:34 pm

Welcome Bernd!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Brunkster
Liberty High Student

Post by Brunkster » May 28th 2013, 12:34 pm

Guten Tag, Bernd! A Blu-Ray release would be amazing...if the original masters are of high enough quality to begin with. Otherwise we will just get high resolution graininess. The idea of a reunion mini-series is interesting but I don't see how they could pull it off to the fans' satisfaction. Even if they managed to reassemble the original cast (huge IF there) I can't imagine any writers coming up with a script that didn't disappoint in some way. While I would have loved to see the series continue back in the '90's, a revival today could probably never live up to expectations. It's a good question though and I'd love to hear what other people think about it.

Have you read the fan fiction on this site? Some (not all!) of the continuations are excellent and would have been worthy scripts for subsequent seasons.

TrinityMSCL
Frozen Embryo

Post by TrinityMSCL » Jan 4th 2020, 5:08 pm

New Family here; I, My Wife and teenage Daughter just watched the whole series over about a month's time. We now have the "Goes on" book to read.
We love that all the characters have real character, not Hollywood type!
Keith

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Feb 1st 2020, 1:42 am

Yay! Welcome! I love that it's a family thing!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Kbranagh
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Kbranagh » Jun 11th 2020, 7:39 am

Hi guys, i'm a new fan of my so called life and i'm write from Italy( so....sorry in advance for my bad english) last year i found out Once And Again, maybe the best family drama ever..so i wanted discover other stuff from Zwick and Herskovitz. I am now at the episode six "the substitute" and i love already all of this series, it's pure gold.

I start to review some of early episodes...trying to avoid the spoilers
"Or something'