If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 31st 2002, 8:48 am

Hey all,

So 2002 is coming to a close. How was is for you? Was this a good year, bad year or something in between? What are you looking forward to in 2003?

I will be back with my own reflections later.

Thanks,

Lance Man

Double Espresso
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Double Espresso » Dec 31st 2002, 9:28 am

The Good:

-MSCL on DVD
-Trip to Prague and Budapest in October
-Having only 2 jobs during this year, rather than the 5 I had last year
-AGAINST ME "reinventing Axl Rose" LP
-Made lots of new friends and got reaquainted with some old ones
-LOTR:the 2 Towers

The Bad:

-Another Universe, suck my cock and choke on it!!!
-Buffy Season 6...rubbish
-World Cup Football (soccer)
-George W Bush
-They're still showing Friends over here!!

There's plenty more but I can't think of them right now. On the whole it was a good year for me personally, but I can't think of a single world news story that really made me happy...which is a shame.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 31st 2002, 5:28 pm

Hey all,

2002 was certainly a mixed lot for the Lance Man

The Bad

The passing of my wife's aunt, our friend Claira and my groomsperson Sandra, all will be dearly missed.

My fair city continues to struggle with race relations. Serious healing is needed for all concerned.

School levies and public transportation levies here in Cincy fail, while brand new Sports Stadiums go up for the luckless Bengals and Reds :evil: , makes mad just thinking about it.

My wife lost her job.

The Good

Had a great Christmas Vacation in Houston.

Became a Moderator on the MSCL.com board, Yes! :D

Got to pick up some cool DVDs this year: MSCL, Buffy Season 2, Babylon 5 and others.

Looks like my wife might be getting a new job soon.

Started grad school for a degree in Library Science.

Looking forward to some new DVDs.

Looking forward to more time spent here at the forum.

Looking forward to new episodes of Farscape. Who knows maybe we will see a Fifth Season yet?

Anywho just a few thoughts on the passing of a year.

Best,

Lance Man

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Re: 2002

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 1st 2003, 9:36 pm

The Good

~ Finally meeting a friend in Minnesota who started as a pen pal more than five years ago and who became a very good friend after I finally got online. It was one of my best weeks of 2002.

~ Celebrating the one-year anniversary of my online newsletter devoted to another favorite show, La Femme Nikita, in October.

~ Having a chance to visit Toronto again to see LFN shooting locations and take in a great concert from one of LFN's stars at the Montreal Bistro & Jazz Club.

~ Seeing Gus Gus, Coldplay and a host of other great bands in concert.

~ Getting more than the standard raise from my usually strict-with-the-budget company.

~ Finally getting favorite shows like Highlander: The Series (Season 1) and MSCL on DVD.

The Bad

~ Seeing my budget still strapped from the rigors of RL.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Jan 2nd 2003, 12:29 am

NIGHTJESSI - I LOVE La femme Nikita - can't believe I'm reading someone else who does. Wait: yes I can, the show WAS a pretty big hit on USA for a while there. And got it's cancellation postponed - very cool. What is the name and location of your LFN newsletter?? I'm very interested. I have a lot of the old seasons on tape - but now that USA isn't showing them, I'm kinda sol in regards to taping anymore, since no one else seems to be showin' it. Kinda had to put it on the back burner for a while. Yep, time to fire up the ol interest :wink: Who on the show are you referring to re seeing them in a jazz club?

Well, sorry to not have any 2002 Good/Bad to relate at the moment, I'll probably have a few later, after a wee bit of thought. Just wanted to say HEY! to ya, regarding your fine choices in TV viewing :D
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jan 2nd 2003, 12:56 am

Rickie Love,

Every registered member of this forum has the option to list a website on their profile. If included, the website will appear as a "www" button at the bottom of that person's posts, next to the "profile" and "pm" buttons, among others. To get to NIGHTJESSI's site, just click on the "www" button at the bottom of any of her posts.

Did you catch the New Year's LFN marathon? :)
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Jan 2nd 2003, 1:34 am

Hey there Nostradamus - thanks, I'll check out that www that I now see at the bottom of her post! :oops: :roll: And NOO!! I didn't catch the LFN Marathon!!!! :x What channel was it on??? Damn it Jim!!!! That would have been very cool. Oh well.
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Jan 2nd 2003, 1:40 am

Ok NightJessi, just check out that site of yours and looks VERY cool - thank you! And thanks to you too, Nostradmus, sorry 'bout the temp. blunder, off to peruse the site...

:D

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jan 2nd 2003, 1:43 am

You might still catch one or two eps; it's on Oprah's channel, "O!" or "Oh!"
or something like that...

:idea:
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 2nd 2003, 1:54 am

(Not to be confused with the Cirque de Soleil show)

:wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jan 2nd 2003, 2:16 am

Here's that channel's proper name: oh! Oxygen

It looks like they are showing the last four episodes of the series now.

24/NIKITA SPOILER

This includes the episode in which Operations' plane is shot down -- an interesting comparison for anyone following season two of "24".

:shock:
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Jan 2nd 2003, 5:35 am

Bummer, we don't get the Oxygen network. It seems to be the only place they show LFN, and I was able to see it when I went away over TG but alas, Dish Network does not offer it. Maybe they'll release LFN on dvd someday....

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

OT: LFN and a bit on Cirque du Soleil

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 3rd 2003, 5:10 am

Rickie Love, I'm glad to find a fellow LFN fan. And you'd be surprised at how strong the LFN fandom has held up. In fact, fans are still discussing the LFN episodes in line with the Oxygen airing schedule since Oxygen picked up LFN late last year. Even if you don't have the channel, you might be able to join in on the discussions by watching on tape, which is what I have to do since I unfortunately do not have Oxygen. If you want to join us for any discussions of any LFN episode, drop by The Briefing Room, http://pub14.ezboard.com/fsavelfn69411frm13 (where we also discuss 24 and Alias weekly).

As for the LFN star whom I saw at the Montreal Bistro & Jazz Club, it was Don Francks (Walter). He's a phenomenal performer, which I discovered when I attend CQS4 in May 2001. He did one performance at the bistro in October and a string of dates at another Toronto jazz club in November. I did some articles on that trip for the newsletter's November and December issues. And thanx for your compliment on The Word from Section. With a sometimes very hectic RL, the newsletter's definitely a labor of love. And hopefully this month's issue will be out soon.

BTW, DVDs of LFN are in production. Warner Bros. has contracted New Wave in California to handle the project although intel is scarce on what the DVDs will include and how many seasons will be produced.

Nostradamus, part of the reason why LFN and 24 might remind you of each other probably stems from a number of LFN crew and guest cast involved in 24. This includes LFN executive consultant Joel Surnow and his partner Bob Cochran, who created 24.

Candygirl, you mentioned Cirque du Soleil, and I just had to ask if you were a fan. I had a chance to see Dralion in person and that was amazing, and I've loved Bravo for repeating many of Cirque's performances. And I am definitely looking forward to the reality series about Cirque that kicks off Monday on Bravo.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Jan 4th 2003, 2:27 am

NIGHTJESSI, Thank you very much! I will check out that cool site as well, just bookmarked it. I was just wishing upon a silly star when I mentioned that maybe LFN would be on dvd in the near future. That's such f*cking great news. Anyway, I'll be seeing you over at the other site too. Now, time to dust off those old tapes, brush up on my intel... :wink: And oh ya, Walter is the jazz musician hu? That is so cool, I always did like him. I can definitely see that...

Of course, I'll ALWAYS make time for the weekly viewing of MSCL, whenever the day to do so gets agreed upon. :D BTW, I like Monday too, and yes, I know a thread for this already exists in The Show, so that's all I'll say here.

Later!