single for christmas

If you want to share some events in your life or thoughts about life in general with other MSCL fans or if you just want post a rant to let some steam off - this is the place.
Forum Newbies: Please introduce yourself here!

single for christmas

Post by Guest » Dec 18th 2002, 9:30 pm

*sigh* Yet another depressingly single holiday season...anyone else have the single christmas blues? i am sooooo lonely :(

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Dec 23rd 2002, 10:37 am

Dear Guest,
Personally; I envy your situation. Being somewhat of a hermit and recluse, I DREAD the usual invasion of the annoying relatives at Xmas time. I can't stand the extended family. I finally get a few days off work and it gets shot to hell with all the familial holiday 'rules'. I usually can't wait to get back to work for some peace and quiet after the holidays. Meals, parties, etc. etc. etc. A christmas alone would be the best gift i could get. I'm not making a joke here. I guess to-each-his-own but I would just as soon do my own thing on my own timetable with the days off work as be a slave to the family agenda/itinerary. There was a string a few years back where the folks would head out to some exotic locale for New Years and I would get left behind to feed four-legged family members and water the plants and ring in the new year all by my lonesome. AND I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I could be labeled a misanthrope but if we're supposed to be happy during the holidays then....that's what makes me happy. I say you should enjoy your solitude and keep in mind it could always be worse.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Dec 30th 2002, 4:56 pm

Being alone by choice is different, I think.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Guest.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

not so bad

Post by Guest » Jan 3rd 2003, 1:52 pm

Thanks guys, your right...it turned out to be not so bad afterall...and its back to university in a couple days now anyways

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 3rd 2003, 4:07 pm

Good. I was thinking about you and how your holidays went. I have been there (and my very good friend is going through it now, being heartbroken during the worst time of the year) and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Good luck, and don't forget about us when you're in University! Stay and post about MSCL. I love all the different views.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 4th 2003, 12:07 am

Megs wrote:I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
Not even Ross?

:wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 4th 2003, 12:18 pm

candygirl wrote:
Megs wrote:I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
Not even Ross?

:wink:

Hmmmm.... maybe! :lol:

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 4th 2003, 7:58 pm

I was single for the first time in eight years on New Year's Eve. I went out with my cousins in Chicago. We had a really great time! It was one of the best New Year's Eves for me. I was so happy actually that I didn't have to worry about having a boyfriend and everything. It was great to feel so uninhibited and free.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

bhayes1016
Tino

Post by bhayes1016 » Jan 6th 2003, 10:23 pm

Yeah, it sucks, but what can you do.

Buddy