Favorite online radio station

Want to share your enthusiasm for an artist or a band with other "My So-Called Life" fans? Post here. (Note: Please discuss the MSCL soundtrack in the "Show" forum)
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Favorite online radio station

Post by Sascha » Aug 10th 2005, 4:09 pm

With high-bandwidth DSL finally being available in my part of Europe (6 Mbit downstream 8) ) I'm listening more and more to internet based radio stations. Well, at least when I'm at work or at home. Internet connection in my car would be cool but I guess that'll take another few years.

So far I have two favorite online radio stations: Radio Free Colorado and Radio Paradise. Both are entirely listener financed -- they have no advertisements in their program or on their webpages. Everyone can listen for free. To keep the stations alive, they ask for donations.

Radio Free Colorado has mostly classic and modern rock on their playlists. They play a lot of good old stuff but also more recent rock songs.

Radio Paradise from California airs -- as they call it -- "eclectic rock". This station almost fits exactly my taste in music. I guess everything can somehow be considered "eclectic" -- but their selection is amazing. U2, Eels, The Shins, REM, The Cure, Moby, The Who, Beck and even Jazz classics like Dave Brubeck can be found on their playlist. It's worth mentioning that the playlist isn't randomly computer-generated, but a DJ-mixed setlist.

Other stations I sometimes listen to include: Frequence3.org, Club 977 The 80's channel and Maxi Radio Live from France.

So what's your favorite internet radio station?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 10th 2005, 4:30 pm

At work, we listen to an Israeli radio station called Ga Galotz (I'm sure I'm spelling it totally wrong too). They play a good mix of 80's, 90's, and current music. They also throw in random songs that I haven't heard for ages or don't expect to hear on the radio (a good example: "Where Do We Go From Here" from the Buffy musical). We have been listening to it for years, so I am now familiar with some Israeli songs (although I don't know what the words mean!).
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Aug 10th 2005, 5:11 pm

I haven't ventured too far into internet radio - but when I listen its Club 977. Either their 80's station or the Top 40. Its a great mix of music and some songs that I haven't heard in a long time. I will have to check out those other sites. Thanks!

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Aug 11th 2005, 5:34 am

Chicago being my spiritual home, I like to listen online to WTMX for the first couple of hours of my working day. It's really the middle of the night then for them, and so what's played is really chilled out and mellow stuff, there are virtually no ad-breaks etc. Later on when Eric & Kathy start up, it really gets annoying so I tend to switch off.

Paradise radio sounds my sort of thing too, so I might have to tune in. Thanks for the tip!

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------