Smashing Pumpkins

Want to share your enthusiasm for an artist or a band with other "My So-Called Life" fans? Post here. (Note: Please discuss the MSCL soundtrack in the "Show" forum)
Angel@
Frozen Embryo

Smashing Pumpkins

Post by Angel@ » Jul 15th 2004, 2:27 pm

In the episode "Father Figures" (well i think it is that one) at the end Angela is telling her dad the bands she likes. She mentioned Smashing Pumkins and I had heard of them before so I immediately bought there greatest hits album, Rotten Apples and I have to say it is fantastic. I would recommend it to anyone. :D

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jul 16th 2004, 12:30 am

Tonight, Tonight was one of the few music videos I've ever enjoyed watching. Not a huge Pumpkins fan, but I'll give credit where it's due...

8)
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jul 16th 2004, 10:40 am

I like 1979, and Today, but my favorite was Bullet with Butterfly Wings. Dispite of my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage, that pretty much sums up highschool for me. The Tonight, Tonight video was so overplayed I couldn't stand watching it, but looking back it was well done.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Aug 13th 2004, 6:42 pm

The entire Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness album was excellent (well, there were a few duds). It was so diverse. It's the only thing by them I've ever owned.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 14th 2004, 11:10 pm

Which was the video of them going into the convienance store? I want to say it was "1979" ... Yes, Melon Collie was a good album. The Pumpkins would never make my list of all time favorite bands (not even when I was in high school) but I do enjoy them, and there's just something about Billy that I like.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 13th 2004, 7:15 pm

very late reply...

In the 1979 video some kids go into and rip off a convenience store. I have really loved Smashing Pumpkins since they first were popular in the very early '90s --- their first album "Gish" was recorded in my hometown, Madison WI. My favorite album of theirs is "Siamese Dream." It has (probably their most famous song) "Today" and it is just so excellently done that the last few albums of theirs didn't quite compare for me. I never bought the last album they did, "Machina." I stopped at "Adore."
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

CrimsonGlow
Overlooked Sibling

Post by CrimsonGlow » Oct 15th 2004, 11:12 am

the Pumpkins are amazing. Even if they broke up. Their best years were from 91 to 96. Timeless though, like most of that era's music.
"Seeing a teacher's actual lunch is like, sooo depressing"

Sanvean17
Tino

Re: Smashing Pumpkins

Post by Sanvean17 » Jul 31st 2010, 11:06 am

I'm a complete Pumpkin Head... In high school, I cut my hair short like D'Arcy Wretzky. Loved their diversity, look, and spirit. They were such a cool band.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
My heart, my sacred heart.