Tenacious D

Want to share your enthusiasm for an artist or a band with other "My So-Called Life" fans? Post here. (Note: Please discuss the MSCL soundtrack in the "Show" forum)
SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Tenacious D

Post by SanDeE* » Dec 13th 2003, 3:50 pm

Who here likes Tenacious D? I know their album came out a couple years ago, but I just got the new DVD for my birthday last week and it rocks! I highly recommend it if you like Tenacious D. Anyone else have thoughts on this? What are other favorite music DVDs? I also have a Keb' Mo' concert on DVD and the collection of Smashing Pumpkins videos.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Dec 15th 2003, 3:50 pm

Tenacious D rocks. Though musically they are subpar, their entertainment value more than makes up for it. I find this a band I keep rediscovering. I listen to them for a while till I grow tierd of it, and then come back in 6 months only to find they are still a blast. Being a Jack Black fan definitely helps when appreciating them.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Tenacious D

Post by fnordboy » Dec 15th 2003, 6:05 pm

Kristin wrote:Who here likes Tenacious D? I know their album came out a couple years ago, but I just got the new DVD for my birthday last week and it rocks! I highly recommend it if you like Tenacious D. Anyone else have thoughts on this? What are other favorite music DVDs? I also have a Keb' Mo' concert on DVD and the collection of Smashing Pumpkins videos.
Well I originally got into the D back when there TV Show was on HBO. IIRC it use to air right after Mr. Show which is why I was able to watch it. Plus Jack Black was in a few Mr. Show eps so I recognized him from there (as well as a few crappy movies like Airborne and Neverending Story III). I always liked their music better from the show and the 'demo' mp3s you could find online more so than the album that was "rockified". Around the time of the album release and hearing their change in sound I lost interest. Recently I found myself getting back into them, especially with the release of the DVD.

As far as other music related DVDs, here are a few faves in my collection:
Dead Milkmen present Philadelphia in Love
Christian Death Live
Pavement - The Slow Century

I have a few others you can see what I have in my collection here:
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html? ... d=fnordboy

I have a bunch I still need to add to my collection, especially the upcoming Pixies DVD... I can not wait for that!

Megs
Lifehead

Re: Tenacious D

Post by Megs » Dec 15th 2003, 9:08 pm

fnordboy wrote:(as well as a few crappy movies like Airborne and Neverending Story III)
I just want to further cement my dorky reputation here by saying I love Airborne.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

frozen embryos
Nicky Driscoll

Post by frozen embryos » Sep 18th 2004, 12:18 am

they have some pretty hilarious songs :)

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Sep 18th 2004, 12:34 am

they are freakin hilaruious! SHowcase here has them on fairly often. Crack me up.