What Song to Add to the MSCL Soundtrack?

Want to share your enthusiasm for an artist or a band with other "My So-Called Life" fans? Post here. (Note: Please discuss the MSCL soundtrack in the "Show" forum)
JPP13
Angela's best friend

What Song to Add to the MSCL Soundtrack?

Post by JPP13 » Sep 28th 2003, 8:23 pm

I've been thinking about songs I'd have liked to have seen on the series (not that the music wasn't great, it was).

So what songs could have been featured? Ideally the song would have existed at the time of the series (sorry, no Britney haha), but thats up to you. Also, for extra credit how about placing the song in the show?

The song that got me started thinking about this was "Last Goodbye" by Jeff Buckley. Wonderful, emotional song. I don't have a specific scene in mind, but any of the ones where Angela and Jordan part seems appropriate.

For the epic conclusion I thought of Joni Mitchell's "Both Sides Now", as the camera focuses on Angela as she drives off with Jordan. "I've looked at Life from both sides now, and still somehow....I really don't know Life, at all..."

So, anyone else?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 28th 2003, 9:46 pm

There are some great suggestions in the custom soundtrack thread and the music cues thread. I had to work all day, so I'm all tapped out of brain cells right now.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 22nd 2003, 12:07 pm

i would have liked to seen green day, more rem, or sarah mclachlan but the songs on there were good enough!!!
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

MarsJunkie
Nicky Driscoll

Buffalo Tom

Post by MarsJunkie » Oct 28th 2003, 10:46 pm

I dunno about anyone else, but I thought Buffalo Tom's "Late At Night" should have been on the soundtrack. I was kinda disappointed that it wasn't! I think that song played an important part in "Self-Esteem", both in the club and when Jordan finally approaches Angela in public. I dunno, that's just what I think though............ :scratchinghead:
"He flopped on the floor uncontrollably, okay? Rickie had to hold down his tounge..."
"...And I wasn't even there!"

kidbro77
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kidbro77 » Feb 4th 2004, 3:44 pm

I was hoping for Jared Leto's rendition of "I Wanna Be Sedated"
-------------------------------
Blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/oyvavoy

YvBaBy
Jody Barsh

Post by YvBaBy » Mar 31st 2004, 10:57 am

Buffalo Tom - "Late night" (I still can't believe that song isn't on the soundtrack)
"I wanna be sedated" and "red"by Jordan(Jared)
"Dream" by The Canberries