Jason Mraz!!

Want to share your enthusiasm for an artist or a band with other "My So-Called Life" fans? Post here. (Note: Please discuss the MSCL soundtrack in the "Show" forum)
guitarchick
Overlooked Sibling

Jason Mraz!!

Post by guitarchick » Apr 6th 2003, 3:52 pm

If you like artists like John Mayer or Jack Johnson, check out Jason Mraz! He's brilliant!!!

Are there any other Mraz fans around?

Emilie

msclrules
Liberty High Student

Post by msclrules » Mar 13th 2004, 6:02 pm

i think that he's a little weird...he thinks he's all that now.
~msclrules~

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Mar 30th 2004, 1:19 pm

I've started listening to some of his stuff. So far I like it a lot, but I don't have cable so I don't pay attention to the attitudes and their marketing personas, I just listen to the music. I question his staying power, but for now he seems to be doing well.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

msclrules(log in later)

Post by msclrules(log in later) » Mar 30th 2004, 5:56 pm

he's going to lose his so-called career!

guitarchick
Overlooked Sibling

Mraz

Post by guitarchick » Mar 30th 2004, 9:38 pm

It's funny how I started this thread a year ago and the first response just came in a few days ago. Anyways, the thing about Jason is he's a fantastic acoustic artist. At first he had a large following due to his shows in San Diego that he's been doing for years. But a lot of those fans are not big on the major label album/sucess that he's associated with now... it's a shame. Who knows if he will stay in the mainstream media but people who really know his music don't really seem to care (I'd include myself in this category). His acoustic/live recordings are brilliant and he's such a performer. He'll always have fans even if he dissapears from the radio and just plays coffee houses. So in that sense I would definitely say that he has staying power.

Emilie

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Oct 18th 2004, 5:23 pm

Hey I love Jason Mraz - he's an awesome artist and I love his acoustic stuff. Im actually glad that he hasn't blown up the mainstream. Its better that way for the people who know how good he is and don't want to see him get played out on the radio. Its sucks when the underground artist/band you love goes mainstream and suddenly everyone knows about them. That magic kinda goes away..... But I can also see why some would go that route - money and all.