Chat Time

Use this forum to coordinate meetings with other "Lifeheads" from around the world - be it online or in "real life".
BeeJay
Let's Bolt Regular

Chat Time

Post by BeeJay » Sep 27th 1999, 12:43 pm

Wednesday seems to be the day that is good for most, so let's try it.

Chat time is: Wednesday, 9-29 at 4:30 PST (7:30 EDT).

Let me know is you have a confict; and I'll try to accommodate you.

See you then!

worldsapart
Between Names

Re: Chat Time

Post by worldsapart » Sep 28th 1999, 2:34 am

So that's 6:30 CST, right? I just want to make sure I'm not going loony and then end up missing it. Oh wait, I was gonna ask...how does the whole chat process work? Do we do it here, through the message boards?

Tracey

mia
Yearbook Team

Post by mia » Sep 28th 1999, 9:01 am

On the HomePage for MSCL.com, there's a link up at the top that says "Chat." Click on that and enter your screen name to login (I don't think you need a password, even though there's a place to enter one). You'll then be connected to the Chat Room.

Odessam
Jody Barsh

Post by Odessam » Sep 28th 1999, 4:57 pm

Well just thought that if you would do the chat thing at pikestreet (a IRC channel ) there might be more people there cos (it's a channel where the topic of the talk is MSCL) there's usually some people there so you could get some more people to join your cause (BTW i think it needs some kind of IRC program to be able to talk there like mIRC or something) Well that's just a thought from me.

BeeJay
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by BeeJay » Sep 28th 1999, 5:40 pm

Thanks for your suggestion, but I have a question. What is the address of "pikestreet"? I tried going to http://www.pikestreet.com but I got an error message saying 'page not found'???

BeeJay
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by BeeJay » Sep 29th 1999, 3:11 pm

I don't know what is wrong with my browser (if that's even it) but when I click on "Chat" I go to a screen with a big square in the middle; anyhow, it doesn't seem to work the way you describe it. I hope I can resolve this before this evenings 'chat', otherwise I won't be able to participate.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong or what I can do to correct the problem???

Odessam
Jody Barsh

Post by Odessam » Sep 29th 1999, 3:24 pm

Well two things come to my mind which could cause it
1 your computer doesn't use JAVA (a kind of programming language if i'm right) cos the chat room uses JAVA.
2 it takes a while to load the java program and run it.

of course there could be more reasons and this post might be late for the chat thing but if it's late then for future use or whatever.

Odessam
Jody Barsh

Post by Odessam » Sep 29th 1999, 3:27 pm

well to get to pikestreet you need a some kind of IRC (Internet Relay Chat) program (I use mIRC easy to download) pikestreet doesn't have a netaddress like that you just run your program (IRC) and connect to some server or other and then you join a channel through the program (pikestreet in this case) hope this will explain something.

mia
Yearbook Team

Post by mia » Sep 29th 1999, 4:08 pm

It sounds like your computer doesn't support Java. I don't know what ou can do to fix that...If you can't participate, it might be possibleto cut and paste the finished discussion into an e-mail document to be sent to you, if that's any consolation...

mia
Yearbook Team

Chat Room

Post by mia » Sep 29th 1999, 4:20 pm

I just spent 5 minutes trying to access the chat room, and all I saw was a grey square as well. I have previously been able to enter the chat room. Maybe somethings wrong with the site?

mia
Yearbook Team

Disaster strikes Mia's browser

Post by mia » Sep 29th 1999, 7:38 pm

Due to a computer crash, I am forced to work on an inferior browser that does not support Java. This is horrible -- I'm missing the chat!! I feel awful, you guys. Could someone fill me in, or maybe we could schedule another chat sometime? Aauugghh (screaming in frustration)!

BeeJay
Let's Bolt Regular

Re: Chat Room

Post by BeeJay » Sep 29th 1999, 7:44 pm

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. But I am here. It's 4:44 PST. I have been unable to get into the chat room. Anyone else get in????

BeeJay
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by BeeJay » Sep 29th 1999, 7:47 pm

Hey. Thanks a lot for your input. If nothing else, it helps to increase my knowledge a little. It seems there's always something to learn when computers are involved.

Say, how's school going? Good to see that your back checking the mscl site and leaving posts for others.

BeeJay
Let's Bolt Regular

Re: Disaster strikes Mia's browser

Post by BeeJay » Sep 29th 1999, 7:49 pm

Hey. I can't get to chat either. But i"m here and still trying. I put in an email to Mike Glenn on Monday when I first tried to get in the chatroom, but he hasn't answered me yet. Soooooooo...

I guess we'll just have to wait till some other time.

worldsapart
Between Names

Post by worldsapart » Sep 30th 1999, 12:11 am

Well, I feel like a ditz...I completely forgot about the chat until just now (11PM central time). Arg. But, from the way you guys posted, it didn't sound like anyone could get into the chat room anyway. So I decided to try it and I got in just fine. No one else was there, of course. So anyway, if we try and schedule another chat, just let me know and I'll try to remember this time! =)

Tracey