We're Chatting!

Use this forum to coordinate meetings with other "Lifeheads" from around the world - be it online or in "real life".
K-man
Liberty High Graduate

We're Chatting!

Post by K-man » Apr 25th 2002, 12:56 pm

Thanks to Sascha's hard work the chatroom is up and flying. A few of us were in there this morning. We have a tentative date/time of tomorrow (Fri.) at
4 UK time. Everyone is invited. Could someone tell me when 4 UK time is here in the U.S.? Thanks and hope to see you in the chatroom tomorrow.

So my feeling is, whatever happens, happens. K-man

Re: We're Chatting!

Post by Guest » Apr 25th 2002, 10:26 pm

I went into chat but I'm not sure how to use it, do i have to register or something? looks to be java enabled, that part worked but I see alot of tabs at the top that I don't know what to do.

Bummer, I wanted to talk with some of you too...K-Man you have to get a PC at home, I can't get on during the daytime. :(

R

Brainiac
Nicky Driscoll
Location: Oxford, England (for now at least) Otherwise, Virginia, USA

Post by Brainiac » Apr 26th 2002, 3:42 am

4 p.m. UK time = approx. 11 a.m. Eastern Standard Time for the US. If you live outside of the East Coast, add the hour(s) accordingly

'There's something about my life. It's just automatically true that nothing actually happens.'

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Apr 26th 2002, 9:01 am

Anonymous R,
Maybe I am wrong but this worked for me. Try this if you like....After you click on chat, wait for the page to do its thing and load and (I think) you click JOIN and enter a name and key. Then if you want others to know your name, erase the number in the "Enter Nick" box and put in your name. Otherwise you will just show up as a number next to your posts. Look on the right side of the window under channel serve and see if anyone else is in there. Go to the blank line under the window (at the bottom), click your cursor in there and type away. When you finish your post hit enter. Your message should show up in the main window. I don't have my own machine at home. I do however have a lame job where I can chat on the clock.
Thanks Brainiac for the time conversion.

So my feeling is, whatever happens, happens. K-man

Post by Guest » Apr 26th 2002, 1:33 pm

Hey, just had my first chit-chat today and what a pleasant experience it was too! Regards to those My So-Called Lifers I met.

UKDee

danguyf
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by danguyf » May 2nd 2002, 9:07 am

I'm sitting in the chat room today. By some miracle there are actually two people in there with me. Come by, if you like.