MSCL MINI CONVENTION - LOCATION VOTE

Use this forum to coordinate meetings with other "Lifeheads" from around the world - be it online or in "real life".

I WOULD ATTEND CONVENTION IN...

USA: any north-east city
34%
USA: any south-east city
7%
USA: any middle city
5%
USA: any west coast city
5%
USA: pittsburgh only
5%
USA: nyc only
2%
USA: california cities only
9%
USA: vegas only
5%
USA: any city
11%
OTHER COUNTRY: specify below
16%
WOULD NOT ATTEND ANYWHERE
2%

Total votes: 44

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jul 18th 2003, 9:15 pm

fnordboy wrote:Don't forget the downside though folks....

I wouldn't be there ;)
Heh... I'll keep my commentary to myself.

8)

Gary

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 19th 2003, 3:46 am

Will my presence make up for his absence?

:wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jul 19th 2003, 2:58 pm

candygirl wrote:Will my presence make up for his absence?

:wink:
NEVER! BLASPHEME! :evil: :cry: :evil:

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jul 28th 2003, 5:35 am

In case someone here hasn't read the Announcements forum lately, Sascha has created a prototype MSCL.com fanbase map, which could be handy for the purposes of this poll.

You can read about and see the map here.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Aug 16th 2003, 7:19 pm

i voted for any NE city but NY would work out as good as any for me probably and I've never been so that would be exciting. but truthfully I haven't been to most US cities. This thread is sort of old but hopefully Im not totally out of date. i would love a mini convention and might sacrifice more than i should to get there (things like savings and my job if necessary :nono: )

The Talented Krakow
Overlooked Sibling

Post by The Talented Krakow » Aug 17th 2003, 8:50 am

Well doh, it should be in France of course! Okay, not realistic.. I really couldn't fly all the way over to America for a mini-convention, so I won't be there if anything takes place. The idea is cool though. I'm planning to go to the USA in 5 years, maybe it can take place then :wink:.
"My parents keep asking how school was. It's like saying, 'How was that drive-by shooting?' You don't care how it _was_, you're lucky to get out alive."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

convention

Post by lance » Aug 18th 2003, 9:58 am

A convention is still a great idea.

My preference is Northeast, but anywhere in the continental US is doable if there is enough lead in time, say like a year. This would give me time to save up for airfare, hotel, food etc.

Lance Man

Jack
Yearbook Team

convention

Post by Jack » Nov 4th 2003, 7:01 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I've been away for awhile. Anyway, I definitely think a mini convention should be planned and soon. 2004 would be good, because it would be ten years since the show went on the air, or '05 because it would be ten years since it was cancelled. Or if either of those are way too ambitious, maybe 2007 because if Angela and company were sophomores in '95, then they'd be seniors in '97 and '07 would be their ten-year reunion. Of course, who knows when and if Jordan would graduate, since he's already been "left back, twice". He'd probably still be in high school when Danielle was ready to graduate, but, anyway, I digress.

It would be interesting for the MSCL fans to actually see each other face to face. And we could probably get some guests. Claire Danes and Jared Leto wont show because they've put the show behind them (however, being someone who's attended two decades worth of Science Fiction Conventions, we could probably catch them on the downside of their careers, say 15 years from now or so when they're looking for all the attention they can get).

Devon Gummersall signed the guest book, so he might be interested in showing. Maybe most of the rest of the cast and Winnie herself.

We would need a banquet hall for the guests to speak and mingle, a hospitality suite serving beer, soda and snacks. A 24 hour video room showing an MSCL marathon along with other shows and films starring the MSCL cast.

We could probably get a group discount for hotel (or motel) rooms which is what all the other cons do. I know this is much bigger than originally thought, but you never know. Anyway, those or my thoughts.

Jack

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 5th 2003, 1:24 am

Nah, I was thinking along the same lines - a large banquet room at a hotel for a meet and greet, a MSCL marathon, and maybe a Q&A with whatever cast/crew we could get to show up.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 5th 2003, 6:15 am

I fully agree, such a convention in 2004 would be great.

It's almost guranteed that some former cast members would drop by if the convention took place in L.A. (Gummersall, Cruz, Langer, Odessa, Holzman) But L.A. would probably also be the most expensive location for most MSCL fans to travel to.

And we would need someone to lead the organisation team - which has been the biggest problem for the past years :-)

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Nov 5th 2003, 6:32 am

LA??? Oh I hate being a poor English girl.
Mom. Streamers?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 5th 2003, 2:42 pm

So the question is do we plan for LA in the hopes of getting MSCL cast/crew, or do we plan for elsewhere and resign ourselves to having just us (no cast/crew)?

I would be willing to start organizing once we have a location selected (I haven't planned a conference like this before, but I have planned banquets and other events, so I'm comfortable doing the research and contacting hotels). I can't do anything to reduce airfares for anyone, but if you guys are willing to share hotel rooms, that will help keep individual costs low.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 5th 2003, 3:21 pm

candygirl wrote: but if you guys are willing to share hotel rooms, that will help keep individual costs low.
I refuse to share a bed with mglenn. Last time we did that things got ...ooops :oops: I have said to much already.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 5th 2003, 4:03 pm

I saw the pictures and I agree - you two must be separated!

:lol:

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Nov 6th 2003, 6:49 am

I'm so upset I won't be able to go :(

I will just have to live vicariously through the photos that will of course be posted here... right?

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------