Los Angeles * Summer 2012

Use this forum to coordinate meetings with other "Lifeheads" from around the world - be it online or in "real life".
Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Re: Los Angeles * Summer 2012

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jul 5th 2012, 10:26 pm

That was clear :D
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 15th 2012, 8:23 am

Jody Barsch* wrote:I don't know if it's too late for Kenny to make work arrangements -- I hope not -- Natasha said she couldn't do the 21st and 22nd (Sat and Sun), and now that Saturday is the day my sister's having her birthday party, so we had talked about a week day, hope that works for you Bacchante.

I'm saying Friday July 20th, unless people post otherwise (but we have to get this settled soon). Other options would be Thursday the 19th (not ideal for me as it is my sister's actual birthday), or Monday the 23rd.
[I know we're at the mercy of when people think to check the site, but let's try and get this finalized by July 1 if at all possible.] :D
Whoops, sorry for not checking in sooner about the dates! I'm flying in on Thursday and we're having a happy hour as part of the reunion on Friday (and then the official reunion is on Saturday), so Monday the 23rd would be the best of the options you listed. I'm also available Tuesday through Thursday (July 24-26) if that works better for you guys.

I'm totally fine with whatever you guys want to do. I totally understand if driving around LA in summer heat to stare at the front of someone's house is not a top priority!

:mrgreen:

Are any of the siteseeing possibilities near you, Jody? If so, maybe we could go check that out and then watch an episode at your place (ha, look at me volunteering you to open your home to people you've met on the internet - my mother would be appalled!) and maybe go get dinner together afterward. Does the Paley Center allow groups to do screenings there? I've never been there so I'm not sure exactly how it works.

ETA: I just looked at their website and could only find info on renting the facilities for events. Crap, and I just saw that they are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jul 17th 2012, 5:52 pm

Natasha (candygirl) wrote:(ha, look at me volunteering you to open your home to people you've met on the internet - my mother would be appalled!)
:mrgreen: Yeah, i think my mom and sister will think this is crazy.

I responded to the pm -- Monday or Tuesday are fine, if it's all the same, Tuesday would be slightly better. If we can be done by about 5:30 I can do Wednesday.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Jul 18th 2012, 12:23 am

timing isn't going to work for me this summer.
Last edited by pgh kenny on Feb 21st 2021, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jul 18th 2012, 12:00 pm

We're going to make this happen at some point :mrgreen:

CG check your pm

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Aug 15th 2012, 10:28 am

wow, I've been gone so long! I don't think I've visited the site since early in the year! I wish I lived closer to LA, so that I could easily join you guys whenever you plan to meetup. But maybe 2014 was a good idea afterall. I've been meaning to make a Grand Canyon/LA trip because I have so many friends out there, but I keep having to put off the trip for work. ho hum. one day... ;)

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 17th 2012, 10:47 am

Hey Emmie!
Yeah, it seems like maybe mscl.com should have an email list for members who are interested in something like this, as not everyone regularly visits the site.