Hey ClarenceWorley!!!

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
socalledfan
Angela's best friend

:D

Post by socalledfan » Jul 18th 2002, 2:46 pm

I'm so happy for you that you also found your Lloyd!!!

I guess we all have to have a Jordan Catalano sometime in our lives....someone who turns our world upside down and breaks our heart...who isn't meant to last.

Just a theory? :?:
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 18th 2002, 3:42 pm

I like to use a musical analogy for this - once you hear dissonance, the resolution sounds that much sweeter.

:D

In people terms, it makes you realize how special it is to find a great person and you know to appreciate them that much more!

Congrats on your Lloyd too.

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Favorite movies

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Aug 3rd 2002, 5:02 am

Movies are something I've always enjoyed, so I'm glad we're discussing favorites although I have to be careful in listing some of mine because I could literally go on and on and on.

Of the ones already mentioned, I also love:

~ The Breakfast Club (which I've only seen so many times that it amazes me that my videotape hasn't already broken in two).
~ Chasing Amy (The revelation scene in the car kills me every time).
~ Say Anything (one of my all-time favorites and call me seriously curious now that candygirl mentioned some of the extras on the DVD).
~ Pretty in Pink (I love the soundtrack to this one).
~ Notting Hill (The chemistry between Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts was great in this one).
~ High Fidelity (What's not to love here?).
~ Better Off Dead ("You like raisins, don't you?" -- classic).
~ Almost Famous (The entire movie reminded me of my first days as an aspiring music journalist. Talk about realistic!)
~ Edward Scissorhands (freaky but cool).
~ The Shawshank Redemption (powerful).
~ Dirty Dancing (StrawberryGirl, I think we're twins when it comes to movies).
~ Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (So candygirl, what kind of goodies are on the DVD?).
~ Being John Malcovich (so weird but so intriguing).

See ... I've already gone on too long, so I'll give you a short list of some other flicks I really love seeing over and over again.

~ The Crow.
~ Jerry Maguire.
~ Bram Stoker's Dracula.
~ Interview with the Vampire.
~ Desperately Seeking Susan.
~ Jacob's Ladder.
~ Good Will Hunting.
~ Ever After.
~ Gas Food Lodging.
~ Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
~ Pretty Woman.
~ Top Gun.
~ What Dreams May Come.
~ Sleepless in Seattle.
~ Less Than Zero.
~ Swingers.
~ The Matrix.
~ Pump Up the Volume.
~ Titanic.
~ Singles.
~ Uncle Buck.
~ Rain Man.
~ The Usual Suspects.
~ Reality Bites.
~ Untamed Heart.
~ Shakespeare in Love.
~ The Red Violin.

Did I say short? As you can see, that never works when it comes to discussing movies! :lol:
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Aug 6th 2002, 2:48 pm

NIGHTJESSI,

You have great taste in movies! If you and I went for a cup of coffee to chat about movies, we'd never leave!!

Hee hee...

:lol:

SCF

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

To SCF

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Aug 7th 2002, 2:06 am

It's too bad we don't live closer to each other because that sounds like fun. I guess we'll just have to settle for a virtual coffee discussion.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 21st 2002, 11:27 am

Hey guys...

Just reviving this movie thread to say that over the weekend my husband and I rented One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. We both have wanted to see this film for years. Well, what can I say. This is an amazing film and I highly recommend it. Jack Nicholson is at his best here and it was an extremely moving film, very funny at times too.

Anyone else a fan? (I didn't go back and check the lists in this thread, so if someone had it on theirs, sorry to miss it!)

SCF

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Oct 22nd 2002, 10:04 pm

I just saw Punch-Drunk Love. What a beautiful, bizarre movie.

I've been following the progress of this movie basically since the day after I saw Magnolia 3 years ago. After that long, I couldn't help but have high expectations, but I wasn't disappointed.

Adam Sandler's actually very good in it; it's funny; there's some weird stuff going on. All in all, an experience.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 23rd 2002, 9:07 am

Dtheater, thanks for the info. I definitely want to go see that one. I know you have good taste ( :) ) so your recommendation is one more reason for me to see it.

When I first saw the previews/commercials I was dubious about Adam Sandler being right for this type of movie, but from everything I've heard he was surprisingly, perfectly cast and this role marks growth for him.

:)
SCF

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 23rd 2002, 10:09 am

socalledfan wrote:Hey guys...

Just reviving this movie thread to say that over the weekend my husband and I rented One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. We both have wanted to see this film for years. Well, what can I say. This is an amazing film and I highly recommend it. Jack Nicholson is at his best here and it was an extremely moving film, very funny at times too.

Anyone else a fan? (I didn't go back and check the lists in this thread, so if someone had it on theirs, sorry to miss it!)

SCF
The book is extraordinary. Have you read it? I also love Jack Nicholson in this role.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."