Million Dollar Baby

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
EWU MSCL fan
Overlooked Sibling

Million Dollar Baby

Post by EWU MSCL fan » Jan 27th 2005, 4:07 am

Has anybody seen Million Dollar Baby yet and if so is it as good as everybody says it is?

EWU MSCL fan
Overlooked Sibling

Post by EWU MSCL fan » Feb 12th 2005, 2:23 am

Well since nobody else has ever seen or was willing to say that they have seen this movie, I will reply to my own question.

The answer is YES it is as good as it being reviewed. The story is very good with characters that are very human in how they respond to certain situations. Clint Eastwood, Hilary Swank, and Morgan Freeman all deserve the Oscar nominations they recieved because they really compliment each other well in this story. This is an underdog coming out of nowhere to reach the top of the boxing world but with a twist you won't see coming. Yes, the ending is controversial as is being reported by the critics of this movie but it doesn't deter from the fact that it was choice that [spoiler]Hilary Swank's character, Maggie Fitzgerald[/spoiler] one of the characters had to face because their situation wasn't likely to improve. Go see this movie because you will go through the pains and the hardships of these characters and end up enjoying every minute of the movie.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Feb 12th 2005, 3:24 pm

I want to see this movie, but I am going to wait until either DVD or PPV. I am just not a movie theater person, and while I am interested in seeing this it isn't on the top of my must sees list.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Feb 13th 2005, 9:19 pm

As a family member put it, "old Eastwood actually had to act in this one."

:wink:

Seriously though, it's a fine piece of work. I for one did see the twist coming, but it was still very powerful and effective.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain