Lord of the Rings EE DVD Slipcase, $3.00!

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Lord of the Rings EE DVD Slipcase, $3.00!

Post by fnordboy » Dec 14th 2004, 1:36 am

http://www.lotrdvdbox.com/

:) Ordered this earlier tonight:

• Slipcase offer DOES NOT include DVDs. DVDs are sold separately.
• Credit card payment of $3.00 shipping and handling fee applies.
• Offer good only in the U.S.
• One order per email address and physical address - no PO boxes please!
• Limited time offer valid until March 31, 2005 or while supplies last. Quantities are limited.
• Please allow 8 - 10 weeks for delivery.

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Dec 14th 2004, 12:23 pm

It's glorious!
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Dec 15th 2004, 1:56 am

It is very nice. Though the exclusive US availability is making me have second thoughts about getting the LOTR ROTK EE. Partly it's a petty "if you aren't going to make it available to me why should I pay my money for your other product" but my other petty reason is that most of why I was getting LOTR ROTK EE was to fulfill my completist desire to have the whole set but I'm not sure it would be satisfying knowing that there is a proper case for them that I can't have. I think I'll wait it out and borrow someone else's copy to see if the dvd set itself is reason enough to buy it.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 15th 2004, 2:18 am

grim4746 wrote:It is very nice. Though the exclusive US availability is making me have second thoughts about getting the LOTR ROTK EE. Partly it's a petty "if you aren't going to make it available to me why should I pay my money for your other product" but my other petty reason is that most of why I was getting LOTR ROTK EE was to fulfill my completist desire to have the whole set but I'm not sure it would be satisfying knowing that there is a proper case for them that I can't have. I think I'll wait it out and borrow someone else's copy to see if the dvd set itself is reason enough to buy it.
Sell your other two EEs and buy the EE boxset, that way you get all 3 EEs and the slipcase.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Dec 15th 2004, 1:03 pm

I'm not sure I'll get the slipcase. A friend of mine bought the really big RotK EE set, with the castle-box-thing. He only bought that because he wanted the "Creating the LotR Symphony," which I will have to borrow from him sometime! I have FotR & TTT EEs, but I have to wait until Christmas for RotK EE! Last year I got TTT EE three times! I had to return two of them, I hate when that happens.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 15th 2004, 8:04 pm

Fnordboy,

Thanks very much for the link. I just ordered my slipcover. Should look very nice on the DVD shelf.

-LanceMan

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Jan 4th 2005, 1:41 am

Turns out I was just being pissy, blowing smoke. As soon as I was in a store selling ROTK EE I bought it. I was however happy to see that there was an insert offer to mail away for the holding case within Canada.