bridget jones - The Edge of Reason

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
starbug
Lifehead

bridget jones - The Edge of Reason

Post by starbug » Dec 4th 2004, 9:59 am

Just went to see this at the cinema. I would say my verdict was 5/10. Some good lines, but mostly the same jokes recycled, and Renee desperately pushing her chin into her neck to make herself look fatter.
I'd wait to the DVD rental time for this one...

anyone else seen it? What did you think.

PS one of the most offensive things to me was the ending, where a clearly CG backdrop of the english countryside was used. There are some breathtakingly beautiful parts of england and I have no idea why they couldn't just use some old-fashioned location shooting rather than plop in some clearly fake sky, birds, hills etc. It spoiled the entire look of the film for me. Same with the london city-scapes.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Dec 4th 2004, 11:19 am

Re: the ending, I think they wanted to give the last scene a "fairy-tale" like feeling. THat's why I think they used the cheesy CG backround.

I liked it, but didn't like some parts. I didn't like how they portrayed Mark and Daniel in this movie. It was also very similar to the first, which I loved.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."