Savannah Film Festival

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Savannah Film Festival

Post by emmie » Oct 24th 2004, 7:15 pm

I'm really excited because the savannah film festival started last night. it's not as huge or important as most other film festivals, but it's still cool. our film department shuts down and we don't have class for the entire week while we all go to films and workshops. I just love the fact that you can watch films 12 hours a day, and then go to receptions and talk about films all night. what fun. :) plus it's a great opportunity to see films from other film schools, and independent films that would never normally come to our few chain movieplexes. not to mention that for a week, the film school is the center of attention. yay, us!

they do, however, bring some bigger films for the night premieres to make some money. Stage Beauty will be here as well as Being Julia and Finding Neverland. and usually an actor, director or producer shows up and answers questions afterwards. I know some of you guys are used to film festivals and such out in L.A., but it's the big time here in little ole' southern Savannah. :wink:

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 24th 2004, 8:21 pm

I LOVE film festivals! Have a great time Emmie!! (This time, don't hesitate if you see Jared or someone else on the street :wink: )
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Oct 24th 2004, 9:01 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:I LOVE film festivals! Have a great time Emmie!! (This time, don't hesitate if you see Jared or someone else on the street :wink: )
LOL! thanks Jody! hopefully I will never do that again!

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Nov 12th 2004, 12:56 am

I guess I never wrote about my experiences at the film festival. anyway, it was a great time. and I actually was able to sneak into a couple of the private parties. so yay! also, they had this thing called coffee talk that took place in the lobby of the hotel where all the filmmakers were staying. so all of us students would gather early in the morning and then filmmakers would come down and talk to us about a special topic or whatever. so one morning the young director David Gordon Greene showed up, he had his latest film in the festival. most of you probably don't know who he is, but he's a great new director who tells character driven stories that simply break my heart. being the shy person that I am, it was very difficult for me to work up the courage to talk to him after the coffee talk was over. but I was inspired by the fact that I had let such opportunities (ahem, Jared Leto) pass me by because of my shyness. so somehow, I worked up the courage to speak with him and ended up talking to him for like 20 minutes. it was great and well worth it.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 12th 2004, 1:00 am

Awesome! Sounds like you had a great time. I haven't been to a film festival in a couple of years.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Nov 12th 2004, 5:10 pm

Wait... what's this whole thing with Jared Leto?? :?
Moltar- Well hey, Thom asked me if he could see my knife, and Thom's doing a song about knife, and he wanted to see what one looked like. Isn't that right Thom? (Pulls out knife again)
Space Goast- (Turns to Thom Yorke) Is that right?
Thom- ...No.
Space Goast- Cuz it sounds like a good idea... so do it.

-Space Goast With Thom Yorke

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Nov 12th 2004, 7:12 pm

I believe Emmie posted about the story, in the "What Celebrities Have You Met" in the Everything Else Forum. :D
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Nov 12th 2004, 9:11 pm

I might just be looking over it, but I couldn't find that topic. I'll look again.
Moltar- Well hey, Thom asked me if he could see my knife, and Thom's doing a song about knife, and he wanted to see what one looked like. Isn't that right Thom? (Pulls out knife again)
Thom- ...No.

Amika
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Amika » Nov 12th 2004, 9:32 pm

TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Nov 12th 2004, 9:45 pm

Holy Crap!!! That's Hhilarious! God, I wish I could have just brushed his shoulder.

emmie wrote:
before the film started, my friend and I were leaning over the balcony to get a glimpse of Jared. he was turned around in his seat with a small digital video camera and was taping the crowd. so we're on his tape.
This is way off topic, but have you ever thought about that? You know, just think about everytime you were behind someone who was being taken a picture of (I know, bad grammer). Your face can be in millions (Okay, not millions) of people's pictures, like in the background, for all eternity.

I know, pretty deep huh? :roll:
Thom- ...No.

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Nov 12th 2004, 10:55 pm

This is way off topic, but have you ever thought about that? You know, just think about everytime you were behind someone who was being taken a picture of (I know, bad grammer). Your face can be in millions (Okay, not millions) of people's pictures, like in the background, for all eternity.
Ok to add to your 'off topic' topic - in HS I worked at Chuck E. Cheese's and I had to host birthday parties there, and sometimes I was even Chuck E. myself. I am in so many pictures and video tapes. Its really wierd to think about....

TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Nov 13th 2004, 3:21 pm

It is really weird to think about. One time, I was going threw old pictures, and I cam across this one from my first communion. And, in the background, was one of my good friends! It was so strange, because I didn't even know that she existed then, and I had a picture of her when she was tiny! It kinda weirds me out to know that I could be in someones picture fram, as I write this.

It's truley is a small world after all! :D
Thom- ...No.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Nov 13th 2004, 10:31 pm

I live and work in a tourist town. so I'm in hundreds of pictures. not to mention all the pictures I take for tourists! man, that gets old! ha ha