Shaun of the Dead

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Shaun of the Dead

Post by lance » Sep 26th 2004, 6:56 pm

Hello all,

Did any you manage to catch Shaun of the Dead?

I went last night to see it and it is hilarious. A zombie spoof that plays off very well for anyone who has seen Dawn of the Dead. A lot of dry British humour and well worth seeing. The opening sequence [spoiler] with the London commuters who acted like zombies just going to work was ROFL![/spoiler]. Here in Vegas it was not playing widely, only running in a couple of theaters.

-LanceMan

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Sep 26th 2004, 10:28 pm

The previews do look good; probably wait for it on dvd or cable.

:)
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Sep 27th 2004, 1:05 pm

I need to see this movie!

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Sep 27th 2004, 5:11 pm

I got the DVD of Shaun of the Dead earlier this month (thank god for region free and thank god for the uk ;) ). What a great movie!! One of the best films I have seen in a while and it's absolutely hilarious. You should all definitely check it out if it is in a theater near you.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Oct 1st 2004, 11:14 pm

fnordboy wrote:I got the DVD of Shaun of the Dead earlier this month (thank god for region free and thank god for the uk ;) ). What a great movie!! One of the best films I have seen in a while and it's absolutely hilarious. You should all definitely check it out if it is in a theater near you.
Thanks for that idea fnordboy. I just ordered my copy from Amazon.co.uk. Can't wait to see it again.

-LanceMan

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Feb 15th 2005, 1:38 am

I just rented this movie last night and I absolutely loved it!! the humor in it is great. I especially love the fact that Shaun is just a normal guy who is sort of forced into this hero role. I love how him and his best friend deal with the zombies too. I was literally laughing out loud every few minutes!! it was great. I need to buy again. btw, the DVD is really cool, it has a lot of features on it. I thoroughly enjoyed that as well. I love British humor!!

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 16th 2005, 9:09 pm

emmie wrote:I just rented this movie last night and I absolutely loved it!! the humor in it is great. I especially love the fact that Shaun is just a normal guy who is sort of forced into this hero role. I love how him and his best friend deal with the zombies too. I was literally laughing out loud every few minutes!! it was great. I need to buy again. btw, the DVD is really cool, it has a lot of features on it. I thoroughly enjoyed that as well. I love British humor!!
:D

Glad you liked it.

-LanceMan

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Feb 17th 2005, 7:41 pm

My husband and I loved it, too. So funny. I loved the extras on the DVD about the plot holes.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."