Chronicles of Riddick

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Chronicles of Riddick

Post by lance » Jun 14th 2004, 6:21 pm

So has anyone seen it yet? What did you think?

I have been reading a lot online lately and people seem to be firmly divided into "it sucked" and "I liked it but I am waiting for the DVD to see the cut scenes."

My brother took me to see Pitch Black when it was in the theaters a few years back and I didn't like at first. I saw it again when it came out on DVD and grew to like it.

I feel the same way about this film. I thought it was okay. I think the more I see it the more that this film will grow on me. Certainly the ending of this movie leaves the door open for a sequel, which I would love to see.

-LanceMan

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jun 14th 2004, 6:27 pm

I plan on seeing it this week. The two sequels are already written, it just depends on the funding if they get made.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 15th 2004, 12:13 pm

I saw this with my husband and another couple on Friday night. They really liked it. I thought it was... ok. Cheesy lines, but kind of a cool story, too. I know, great review, right? :wink:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Riddick

Post by lance » Jun 18th 2004, 4:24 pm

Megs wrote:I saw this with my husband and another couple on Friday night. They really liked it. I thought it was... ok. Cheesy lines, but kind of a cool story, too. I know, great review, right? :wink:
Works for me.

:D

Going to see it again this weekend, let you know if I liked better the second time round.

-LanceMan

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 17th 2004, 12:33 am

DVD came out today.

Can't wait to get mine from Amazon. Just as I still keep some shred of hope for the future of the Democratic Party, I also keep hope for a Riddick sequel.

Ahh well, one can dream.

-LanceMan

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Post by special_k » Nov 17th 2004, 1:31 am

Vin Diesel = icky!
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"