When Harry Met Sally

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

When Harry Met Sally

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 2nd 2003, 4:58 pm

News from imdb:
Luke Perry To Star in Stage Version of 'When Harry Met Sally'

TV hunk Luke Perry is stepping into Billy Crystal's shoes by starring in the stage version of hit movie When Harry Met Sally next year. The Beverly Hills, 90210 star will make his debut on London's West End stage when the play opens at the Theatre Royal Haymarket on February 20. Theatre bosses have yet to cast the role of Sally because they're holding out for the perfect girl. Producer James Tod says, "The chemistry is so important." The play is based on director Rob Reiner's hit 1989 film, which stars Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan as a couple whose on/off friendship eventually materializes into love.
Nooooooo! I LOVE this movie, and they are going to let Dylan Freaking McKay star as Harry? :evil:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Dec 2nd 2003, 5:51 pm

Eugh. I will tell all my friends to avoid it. Mayhap I can find some dreadful reviews in the paper here when it eventually happens...

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Dec 2nd 2003, 10:58 pm

LOL... i just watched that the other day... i laughed so hard when they are sitting in the restaraunt and she is just moaning away... my boyfriend looked at me when i was laughing and asked if i did that to... i turned away and almost peed it was so funny!!! ooh yeah luke perry is going to slaugther that role... WTF!!!
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Dec 3rd 2003, 1:03 am

Luke Perry is a terrible choice. But negativity aside I think a stage version is a fun idea. Does anyone know if this has been done before? I can definitely see it being performed as a play and I'd love to see it live (*maybe* even with Dylan as Harry). I think I'd prefer to see a local theatre or college drama department tackle it though. I'm already imagining a fake car made of cardboard. And the scene where the roll out the carpet was just made for the live stage. I'm excited but I guess I'll probalby never see a live version of it.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 8th 2003, 4:39 pm

The latest casting news:
Diaz and Witherspoon Head To West End Stage?
Screen beauties Cameron Diaz and Reese Witherspoon are poised to battle for the lead role in the London stage version of When Harry Met Sally. Whoever wins the coveted role will join Luke Perry - who's signed up to play Harry - for the West End adaptation of the hit 1989 comedy starring Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan. And the female star will have to recreate Ryan's legendary "Yes, yes, yes" scene, where she fakes an orgasm whilst dining with Crystal. Producer James Tod says, "We will definitely be keeping the simulated orgasm scene in there."

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 6th 2004, 11:16 pm

The latest news is that Alyson Hannigan will play Sally. The funny thing is that she appeared with Luke Perry (who was in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie) on Conan a few years ago - you can view the clip here.

Previews for the play begin on February 10 and the play is scheduled to run from February 20 through May 29 (more info here.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 10th 2004, 9:40 pm

Wire Image has some pictures here.

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » Sep 15th 2004, 3:39 am

I don`t know who was in charge of casting this play but they did a hell of a job at making what could be a pretty good play into cringe worthy material. I can`t believe it`s going to be a play. I personally would have went for Cameron Diaz. I think she`s a ditz but I can see her as Sally a lot more than Alyson.
There`s Something About My Life....

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Sep 15th 2004, 3:28 pm

I think that Alyson Hannigan will do a great job. she really has a great talent for comedy. and I'm not just talking about the American Pie movies. however, I think that Luke Perry is a horrible choice. he's just too good-looking and desirable. it will change the meaning of the story and take it in a new direction. :(