All the Real Girls

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
sirhansirhan
Account Suspended

All the Real Girls

Post by sirhansirhan » Nov 27th 2003, 8:35 am

Looking through all of the old posts, I'm surprised to see that no one has brought up All the Real Girls. I think that it is the best film of 2003 so far, and I have seen more than 100 films released in 2003.

It especially seems of interest to the MSCL crowd, in that they are similar in tone, but the characters are older. Anyway, it is directed by David Gordon Green (the guy who made the also great 2000 film George Washington (which is about adolescence, not about the president) and is in production on the film version of A Confederacy of Dunces), who is one of the best new filmmakers to turn up in the past five years.

If you haven't already figured it out, my point is that if you have not seen this movie, you should. It's available on DVD, so you don't have to worry about the fact that no theatres in town are showing it (it didn't get a very wide release when it premiered back in February). And if you have seen it, back me up here. It's a great film.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Jul 30th 2004, 7:34 pm

I have to second that All the Real Girls is a great film. in fact, I went out and bought it the next day to watch it again. it has a very talented cast and crew and I love the soft flow of the film. I love that it feels so natural. it is one of few films that has absolutely brought out emotion in me. it's also inspiring to young filmmakers such as myself. Green made this film right out of film school with most of his classmates, Paul Sneider (the lead) being one of them. cool, huh?