Return of the King

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jan 5th 2004, 12:10 pm

I liked Theoden a lot more in this movie, but part of that is because he accepts what he must do now. The scene that got to me was after Aragon was crowned he walk's up to the hobbits and they bow to him, and he corrects them and says "My friends, you bow to no one." and then he bows and everyone else bows with him.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jan 5th 2004, 8:54 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:Another question, at a point in the film we get a view of Frodo's chest, he has scars around his neck (clearly from carrying the ring), and two on his chest. One is from the wound he got on Weathertop, but what is the other from? The only thing I can think of is when he was stabbed in Moria in Fellowship, although I wouldn't have thought that would leave a scar. Any thoughts?
From the book:

There was a dark and blackened bruise on Frodo's right side and breast. Under the mail there was a shirt of soft leather, but at one point the rings had been driven through it into the flesh. Frodo's left side also was scored and bruised where he had been hurled against the wall.

Sounds like it might leave a mark, unless the movie showed a different shape of scar.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jan 5th 2004, 9:10 pm

Nothingman wrote:I liked Theoden a lot more in this movie, but part of that is because he accepts what he must do now. The scene that got to me was after Aragon was crowned he walk's up to the hobbits and they bow to him, and he corrects them and says "My friends, you bow to no one." and then he bows and everyone else bows with him.
Yeah,

That was a powerful scene among many powerful moments in the film.

Digitalbits reports that the theatrical DVD for Region One is set for a May 25th release.

-LanceMan

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Feb 10th 2004, 1:21 pm

You can check out what appears to be the Region 2 cover art here:
http://www.dvddebate.com/article.php?si ... e=&order=0

Also included is the list of special features, none of this has been made official yet.
Extra features will incude:

Revealing The Secrets Behind The Production Of An Epic Adventure indepth program.
A Final Look At Middle-earth & The War Of The Rings: 6 lordoftherings.net featurettes
Lord Of The Rings Trilogy Outtakes & Bloopers
Original Theatrical Trailer & TV Spots
"Into The West" Annie Lennox music video
Electronic Arts' Lord Of The Rings Trilogy video game preview
An Inside Look At The Special Edition DVD Edition Of Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts