Lost In Translation

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
pistolpeg
Liberty High Student

Post by pistolpeg » Feb 26th 2004, 5:26 pm

I really loved this movie. I bought it on DVD without seeing it first and was so pleasantly surprised. The acting and chemistry were great with Bill Murray and Scarlet Johansen, and I experienced such a range of emotions. It was funny and sad and touching and just a wonderful experience. I loved the lip my stockings scene, too funny.
Sometimes someone says something really small, and it just fits right into this empty place in your heart.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Feb 26th 2004, 6:45 pm

pistolpeg wrote:I really loved this movie. I bought it on DVD without seeing it first and was so pleasantly surprised. The acting and chemistry were great with Bill Murray and Scarlet Johansen, and I experienced such a range of emotions. It was funny and sad and touching and just a wonderful experience. I loved the lip my stockings scene, too funny.
Completely agree. Great movie. Your sentence: "It was funny and sad and touching and just a wonderful experience." exactly describes the movie for me and my experience watching it.

Of course the price of the DVD is worth the opening shot IMO :twisted: And Kevin SHields (of My Bloody Valentine fame) handled most of the soundtrack, you can not go wrong there.

I am surprised at how many people that I know who have not liked the movie. So far of the four people I lent it to only 1 sorta liked it. I think maybe it is a victim of overhype.

Twizm
Tino

Post by Twizm » Mar 31st 2004, 10:30 pm

Glad to see that there are so many people who love this movie. I did too and it was my favorite movie of last year (2003).

:D

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Mar 31st 2004, 11:12 pm

Yes, it had too much hype. It's hard to live up to it.

I wish that there was a optional translation of the Japanese language spoken in the film available on the DVD. The translated scenes I've read were really funny. But they didn't seem as funny when I didn't know what was being said.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/