Buffalo Soldiers

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
starbug
Lifehead

Buffalo Soldiers

Post by starbug » Jul 30th 2003, 5:08 am

I saw this film last night, and thought it was good. It's meant to be a comedy, and to be honest it is laugh-out-loud funny in places (picture a bunch of stoned soldiers wreaking havoc in a tank).

It's sort of a mix between Catch 22, M*A*S*H* and Ferris Bueller's Day Off, if that makes any sense. I would recommend seeing it, but bear in mind it does have some fairly disturbing messages.

I read this review: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0252299

I think that the film happens to be set using the US army, but that you could probably apply the content to just about any army, just about anywhere. There are always going to be a bunch of a*seholes anywhere you look. If you bear that in mind, I don't think it's offensive to one nation over any other.

I don't know whether the film has a widespread US release yet (sensitivities re Iraq subsisting) but if you can get to a screening, it's worth it.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 5th 2004, 9:20 am

Caught it on a movie channel. My opinion is basically the same as Starbug's: very funny in places but very dark overall. It was worth seeing once, but that's about it.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain