Amelie

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Amelie

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 28th 2003, 1:04 pm

I remember seeing this movie last year and thinking that I liked it, but I only got around to buying it last month. Upon watching it again, I completely fell in love with it!

Has anyone else seen this movie? Questions, comments, interpretations?

:wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 28th 2003, 2:05 pm

While Amelie is definitely not my favorite Jeunet film, that right is reserved solely for City of Lost Children, I did enjoy this movie a lot. The DVD release of this is a pretty good release as well.

I thought that Audrey Tatou was really good in it, perfect actress for the part IMO.

I haven't watched it lately, maybe I will this weekend.

ducksqueak
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ducksqueak » May 29th 2003, 6:15 am

There are so many good things about that movie! I think my fave part is the travelling gnome. It really is a great movie because it just takes you into this amazing fantasy world where everything is really bright. I've been to Paris and I must say that "Amelie" makes it look much more beautiful and interesting than it was in person. I just might have to give Paris a second chance after this movie.
"Gee, you're beautiful when you're unconscious."
---Link in "Hairspray"

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » May 31st 2003, 5:38 am

Loved it; a fine example of finding the extraordinary in everyday life. I'd forgotten how much fun it was to pick the juicy bits off of chicken bones.

:D
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain