Catch Me If You Can

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Catch Me If You Can

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 24th 2003, 7:22 pm

Has anyone else seen this movie? I'm not a huge LeoLeoLeo fan, but I do respect a lot of his work. I didn't plan to see this movie, but my boyfriend's mom wanted to go. I was prepared for an ehhhhh movie experience, but I was pleasantly surprised by how entertaining it was! Leo does a great job portraying a desperate kid initially trying to get by and eventually taking delight in conning people. Tom Hanks (in a role that was supposed to be played by James Gandolfini of the Sopranos) plays the determined and perceptive FBI agent hot on Leo's trail. Anyone else like or dislike this movie?

(I still haven't seen the new LOTR movies :oops: )
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Jan 25th 2003, 8:14 pm

Hi candygirl. Yes I really liked Catch Me if You Can. I thought the accents were pretty good, too. Of course, I don't really know anyone from the New York City area. I saw a special on A&E or something about the real Frank Abagnale. I was amazed that his con-spree went on as long as it did. My one complaint about the movie (that I didn't realize until later and don't worry, this doesn't really spoil anything) is that the "To Tell The Truth" thing never came back and I guess I was expecting it to. When did he do that show? Oh well. I thought it was still a good beginning. Plus the music was awesome too! Great score. Who did it again? John Williams I think?
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 25th 2003, 8:32 pm

Yup, John Williams did the score. Great vintage sound - then again, I always associate John Williams with Star Wars so I am always surprised (but in a good way) when I hear his other work.

:D

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

jaynedoh
Nicky Driscoll

Post by jaynedoh » Feb 4th 2003, 2:22 am

i loved this movie! i'm not a huge tom hanks fan, but i've liked leo ever since What's Eating Gilbert Grape? christopher walken is always entertaining.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Feb 4th 2003, 8:30 am

I liked this movie. Not in a 'wow' way, but in a lighthearted way.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 4th 2003, 2:43 pm

I know what you mean - I liked it in a "don't have to think about it" / could watch it before bedtime without nightmares kind of way. I remember thinking the same thing when I saw "That Thing You Do" (which Tom Hanks wrote while working on Philadelphia because he needed something light and happy to keep him sane).