What movies are you looking forward to?

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 13th 2004, 3:16 pm

I heard that Motercycle Diaries isn't that great, but I'll see it anyway because I love Ewan Macgregor. hubba hubba :wink: I'm also looking forward to Finding Neverland and Bridget Jones II. I don't really have very much money, so I usually have to wait until everything is out on video. :cry: That's all right, though. My couch is more comfortable than the seats at the theatre anyway!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Nov 13th 2004, 7:16 pm

Kristin wrote:I heard that Motercycle Diaries isn't that great, but I'll see it anyway because I love Ewan Macgregor. hubba hubba :wink:
As far as I know, Ewan Macgregor is not in this film. I'm looking forward to seeing Gael García Bernal though!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 13th 2004, 8:29 pm

Oh wait, I guess I'm thinking of The Long Way 'Round. Yeah, that's it. The Long Way 'Round I heard wasn't very good. Sorry! Motorcyle Diaries is the biopic about Che Guevera, right? That one is supposed to be good!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 13th 2004, 9:12 pm

I suppose I'm looking forward to Episode Three, in the same way that I would look forward to a big chain-reaction crash at a NASCAR race.

:wink:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Nov 13th 2004, 10:35 pm

Finding Neverland came to our film festival last week and was definitely the best film I saw! I saw I Heart Huckabees last night. it was funny in an absolutely ridiculous way. who knew that Mark Wahlberg could be so funny. he was the best part in my opinion. I'm also looking forward to Motorcycle Diaries and Bridget Jones's Diary.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 17th 2004, 12:37 am

Nostradamus wrote:I suppose I'm looking forward to Episode Three, in the same way that I would look forward to a big chain-reaction crash at a NASCAR race.

:wink:
I'm with you on that one.

I hold hope for Blade: Trinity. It can't be as bad as Blade II can it?

Also on the horizon I am looking forward to an Underworld Sequel.

-LanceMan

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 22nd 2004, 8:20 am

The third Blade is coming out? Cool!

8)

(But I hear ya on the second one, let us hope for a third-time-charm.)

:lol:
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain

Kate and her Guitar
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Kate and her Guitar » Nov 22nd 2004, 5:54 pm

I'm looking forward to Batman Begins.

Surely the best Batman cast ever, and from the trailer it looks fantastically dark like the original Tim Burton one.

Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman (mmm, yummy)
Michael Caine as Albert the Butler (living legend)
Gary Oldman
Ken Wanatabe (from The Last Samurai)
Morgan Freeman
Liam Neeson
Katie Holmes
Cillian Murphy
Tom Wilkinson
Rutger Hauer

The list goes on...

Just a little bit excited.
:) And I normally hate comic book adaptations!

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Dec 12th 2004, 4:05 pm

Motorcycle Diaries was excellent. I'm still waiting for the Life Aquatic (I think I've been waiting for three years for this one -- a little bummed that Luke isn't in this one, but all together I'm very excited). I'm also looking forward to the Seven Daggers film (I think I totally butchered that title). And one more film that I am way excited to see is Corn, (a Jena Malone film andrewgd) about genetically engineered corn and its disastrous effects. (I saw this as a preview on a DVD, which makes me think it hasn't come to theaters yet, but you never know.) I'll probably see the Aviator with my dad. Gotta support Gwen, and I love John C. Reily.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Dec 12th 2004, 7:55 pm

actually, Jody, Corn is in the video rental stores. I haven't watched it, but I've noticed it the last time I was there.

and I agree that The Motorcycle Diaries is really good. it's the best film I've seen in a long time. I also want to see The Life Aquatic. and Limony Snicket, even though I haven't read the book series, it looks entertaining. without a LoTR or Potter film, christmas just isn't the same! :wink:

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 15th 2004, 8:05 pm

emmie wrote:actually, Jody, Corn is in the video rental stores. I haven't watched it, but I've noticed it the last time I was there.

and I agree that The Motorcycle Diaries is really good. it's the best film I've seen in a long time. I also want to see The Life Aquatic. and Limony Snicket, even though I haven't read the book series, it looks entertaining. without a LoTR or Potter film, christmas just isn't the same! :wink:
I am looking forward to Bill Murray's new movie due out in wide release on Christmas Day. Looks very funny.

-LanceMan

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Dec 24th 2004, 9:33 pm

Last night I went out with some friends to see Lemony Snickett's A Series of Unfortunate Events. The verdict: Great! Besides being a fun movie, I am pleased to see another example in the recent trend of intelligent children's fare. Thomas Newman's score was stirring as usual, the casting was top-notch, and newcomer Emily Browning is gorgeous! I feel kinda dirty saying that, seeing as how she's only 16 (and her character, 14) but damn!

:shock: :-P

Um, anyway, go see this movie.

:D
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Mar 15th 2005, 9:25 pm

Laurie Halse Anderson's beautiful novel Speak has been turned into a novel for Showtime and will air in October 2005. It is travelling to a lot of film festivals right now. http://www.writerlady.com/speakmovie.html

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Mar 16th 2005, 1:24 pm

I just recently saw the film, The Jacket. I didn't see much press for this one, but it's worth going to see. Adrien Brody is back from the army and is locked up in a mental hospital for a crime he doesn't think he committed. then he's forced into a straitjacket and locked in a morgue drawer for sensory deprivation therapy. and that's where he sorts out what the hell has happened to him in his mind. it's a great film dealing with time and memory, [spoiler]sort of reminiscent of the Butterfly Effect, but darker and more mysterious.[/spoiler] also, Keira Knightley plays the female lead and it's a vast departure from her roles so far, I was impressed anyway.

EWU MSCL fan
Overlooked Sibling

Post by EWU MSCL fan » Apr 18th 2005, 12:51 am

I am currently looking forward to:

The Interpreter
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Cinderella Man
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Batman Begins
Fantastic Four

Star Wars Episode 3 is just the fill in movie between Attack of the Clones and the original Star Wars movie and it will only be filling in the middle part of the story, the problem with that is the audience already knows the end of the movie more than likely