What movies are you looking forward to?

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 17th 2004, 12:43 am

Exactly. I recently saw Spiderman for the first time on TV; I liked it, but I know if I had been a fan of the original comic books I would have nit-picked it to pieces.

"What?! He never said that! That never happened in the books! Blasphemers!"

:roll:

:lol:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Aug 19th 2004, 2:07 am

Jody Barsch* wrote:Anybody seen Garden State yet? I keep meaning to go out to see it in Century City or Santa Monica where it's playing, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
I went to San Francisco last week and literally saw an independent film every night. we don't get any in Savannah, which is weird since it's an art town. but Garden State was the best film I saw in San Fran. Zach Braff is immensely talented, I think I have a new crush. ;) no, but seriously, this film really takes its time to introduce you to the characters and let you fall in love with them. I wanted more when it was over and felt like I'd just spent 2 hours with a group of friends. I love that feeling.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

movies

Post by lance » Aug 21st 2004, 3:31 pm

Saw Aliens Vs Predator last weekend.

Decent, good action. My only complaint was it was a bit short.

Anybody see The Village? What did you think?

I really liked it. I think I will see it again before it comes out on DVD. William Hurt and Byrce Dallas Howard were awesome. The twist in the movie is quite good.

-LanceMan

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Aug 21st 2004, 6:57 pm

I am really looking forward to We Don't Live Here Anymore. it stars Peter Krause, Laura Dern, Naomi Watts and Mark Ruffalo. what a great cast. but it looks like it delves into emotions and relationships and how things can so easily get screwed up. hopefully it will show in one of the cities I live in!

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 29th 2004, 10:56 pm

Im looking forward to seeing Wicker Park with Josh Hartnett, Also Little black book.

I did see the Village, It was a great idea, but a little slow. It might have been better as a episode of the Twilight Zone.

As for "We dont live here anymore" I just saw that Movie Today. Its a really great cast, especially Naomi Watts! And I really did like the movie. Totally worth seeing. ( We had to travel to unknown territory to see this one) Why are so many movies in limited Release these days??

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Aug 30th 2004, 11:48 am

Angela_Catalano wrote:As for "We dont live here anymore" I just saw that Movie Today. Its a really great cast, especially Naomi Watts! And I really did like the movie. Totally worth seeing. ( We had to travel to unknown territory to see this one) Why are so many movies in limited Release these days??
during the spring and summer, there are a ton of blockbuster films and bigger budget films. and if you notice, when a blockbuster comes out, one multiplex will have 3 or 4 theaters just for one film. so the low budget films get lost and have to show at smaller independent theaters. here in Savannah, we only get indies or foreign films during the winter when not many films are released. sadly, it's all about money. and theaters rent films that are guaranteed money, instead of quality films that we might like better.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 17th 2004, 1:33 pm

Still haven't seen Garden State :( and interested in I heart Huckabees
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

EWU MSCL fan
Overlooked Sibling

Post by EWU MSCL fan » Oct 17th 2004, 1:40 pm

Just saw the teaser trailer for The Ring 2, it looks a creepy as the first one was.

Speaking of great sequels, just waiting for The Bourne Supremacy to come out on DVD on December 7th. Now that was an awesome movie even though the beginning was sad with what happen to Marie.

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Oct 20th 2004, 5:07 pm

I cant wait to see I heart huckabee's! It looks like its gonna have some twists in it. Thats the way I like them. Its coming to a local theater finally this weekend, so I know thats what I will be doing!

I also want to see that xmas movie with Ben Affleck, and the grudge.

And ofcourse I want to see the Ring 2, the first one was really creepy... Your lucky you got to see the trailor.

* Are we all Naomi Watts fans??*

EWU MSCL fan
Overlooked Sibling

Post by EWU MSCL fan » Oct 20th 2004, 5:14 pm

The teaser trailer for The Ring 2 is available on the official website.

http://www.thering2-themovie.com

Just in case you wanted to see it for yourself.

I have been a Noami Watts fan since I saw her in Mulholland Drive.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 20th 2004, 7:10 pm

Some of these are out on video already, some haven't even been released in theatres, and some are still showing in theatres, but here's what I'm looking forward to seeing:

Ray
Stage Beauty
21 Grams
Going Upriver
The Ring Two
Napolean Dynomite
Shopgirl
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 21st 2004, 11:20 am

Angela_Catalano wrote:I also want to see ... and the grudge.

And ofcourse I want to see the Ring 2, the first one was really creepy... Your lucky you got to see the trailor.
The Grudge I am curious to see. I am very wary of it being a fan of the original Japanese series of films though. I just don't know how it will turn out. I have some hope though since it is the original Japanese director.

I really did not like the first Ring movie. They changed too much from the original film and it just wasn't good IMO. Ring 2 so far looks like it will be better and since they are veering away from the original series I don't have any expectations. Plus with Hideo Nakata at the helm I have some faith.

Since we are talk Ring and Juon.... no mention of Dark Water?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Nov 9th 2004, 1:11 am

Saw I heart Huckabees two weekends ago, I loved it! The opening scene is great, the story is good (and timely) -- I love that he works for Open Spaces, the cinematography as a way of telling the story is really cool, particulary at the beginning and close of the film, plus, it's hysterical! Lily Tomlin, Dustin Hoffman, and Jason Schwartzman were awsome! Mark Wahlberg and Isabelle Huppert were great too. I loved this movie, my parents HATED it! Classic mom, she said: "the only thing not disgusting in that movie was Mark Wahlberg's arms"! I don't know about that, personally it was ALL about Jason, very sexy. (So excited he's in Shopgirl!)
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0356721/ ... n,%20Jason
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0356721/ ... n,%20Jason
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

movies

Post by lance » Nov 13th 2004, 12:26 am

I saw the Incredibles last weekend.

:D

Very funny, very good. Definately worth seeing. For that matter worth seeing again. The action was good, but the family scenes were ROFL!

-LanceMan

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Nov 13th 2004, 2:15 pm

I'm still waiting to see Motorcycle Diaries, and am looking forward to seeing the new Neverland movie (I'm a Barrie addict), and because I love Colin Firth, I'll definitely go see Bridget Jones. I'm also excited for Phantom. I'm also eagerly awaiting the extended version of LOTR (although RotK was definitely my least favorite of the trilogy).
Last edited by Jody Barsch* on Nov 14th 2004, 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.