OT: What other shows... on DVD

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
ClarenceWorley
Let's Bolt Regular

OT: What other shows... on DVD

Post by ClarenceWorley » Jul 1st 2002, 9:55 am

Since Jason has let his new business venture be known, which will most likely result in a
nervous breakdown due to potentially having to endure all *this* many times over,
but I digress...

What other television shows would you like to see on the shiny disc? It's probably best to
mention shows that would most likely never make it to digital form, if it weren't for fan
intervention.

Personally, I would love to see the following shows on DVD;

Homicide: Life On The Street (would sell my soul for all seasons on disc)
Wild Palms
Nowhere Man
Now and Again
The Lone Gunmen
Police Squad!
Duckman
Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist

So, whether you'll like to see the short-lived Ferris Bueller series and/or Webster on DVD,
let us know.

Clarence Worley

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: OT: What other shows... on DVD

Post by Jason R » Jul 1st 2002, 10:11 am

I think I am gonna swear off ever watching DVDs again. I should add, however, that does not go forward until i know that this set is in your hands.

foolishoptimist
Three Rivers Resident

Post by foolishoptimist » Jul 1st 2002, 10:19 am

Oh please let The Complete Homicide:LOTS become a reality!!!!!!!

The owls are not what they seem.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jul 1st 2002, 8:49 pm

Dr. Katz was brilliant.

The one show besides MSCL that I'd die to see on DVD was a short-lived, 13-episode Canadian satire called "The Newsroom" which, dare I say, is the best television show ever. It was also shown a good number of times on PBS. I really hope someone else knows this show because it was absolute genius and better than most movies.

The first season of "24" is coming out on DVD, so that's good. I'd like to see the first 3 seasons of ER on DVD, but not the rest 'cause it got pretty bad, and finally the short-lived FOX/PBS documentary show "American High".

- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com/

jehnidiah
Tino

Post by jehnidiah » Jul 1st 2002, 10:54 pm

Oh man, there are so many different ones that I'd like to see, but, call me a dork if you want to, but one of the main ones I'd like to see is "Are You Afraid of the Dark." That show was so awesome, and I still have tons of friends who get together with me and retell the old stories that were on them. They're not funny, but they're awesome. That was a great show, IMO.

"You can still love someone, even if they're not THE one any more."

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jul 2nd 2002, 12:40 am

I will second D's motion for the early years of ER. His mention of a beloved but obscure Canadian flick reminds me of a good Brit-Com I saw on PBS that hasn't aired in a few years. Does anyone remember "Mulbry" or "Mulberry"? It was about the son of Death who couldn't bring himself to reap the soul of an old woman. It struck me as being very Terry Pratchett ;-)

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jul 2nd 2002, 8:55 am

Hey DTheater I'm right there with ya on American High. I missed a few of those. Very cool. I have looked high and low for 'The Newsroom' (per your recommendation) but can only find it for sale (VHS) and not for rent or on TV in reruns. I would also like to see 'Senior Year' on DVD since it never aired on PBS where I live.

K-man

StrawberryGirl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by StrawberryGirl » Jul 2nd 2002, 10:09 am

I would love The Wonder Years, ER, the first season of Felicity- hmmm, I know there are tons of others. It would be fun to have some stuff like Dukes of Hazzard and Diff'rent Strokes, if only for nostalgia reasons. :) So much wishful thinking!

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Jul 2nd 2002, 10:15 am

Hi there!

Great question.

First and foremost, the recently-cancelled "Felicity"...which I adored almost as much as MSCL.

Also, "The Wonder Years"....is that on DVD? I don't know, I've not been keeping up with DVD releases. But this is another great coming-of-age gem.

And, "Seinfeld"....every last episode. I need my fix of Jerry, Elaine, Kramer, and George on a regular basis.

;-)
Socalledfan

"You're so beautiful, it hurts to look at you."

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jul 2nd 2002, 10:20 am

I could make the biggest list here but I'll keep it to a small few.
1.) Most of all I would like to see the series 'Jack and Jill' which ran for two seasons on WB ('99-01)
2.) Parker Lewis Can't Lose
3.) The entire 3 seasons of 'Liquid Television' from MTV. {Speaking of MTV I would love to get the old Remote Control shows.}
4.) Okay I had to go back and hit the edit button and add this (this will probably happen a lot) but I would love to see 'Strangers With Candy' again. Please don't blast me for this one. We are all different and have different viewing tastes and isn't that what makes us all special???
5.) Square Pegs-Any of you oldtimers remember this one??? Jack, Oldguy, Anyone?
6.) Quark
K-man

just-likeKrakow
Overlooked Sibling

Post by just-likeKrakow » Jul 2nd 2002, 10:36 am

k-man...
i will have to say i second Parker Lewis Can't Lose. I have not thought about that show in forever but i adored it! i thought it was very clever and very funny.

how many seasons did it run? i can't recall.

"Synchronize Swatches" ;)

"She asked me if I could come over tonight and explain congruent triangles to her."

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jul 2nd 2002, 11:00 am

According to "my sources" PLCL ran for three seasons and included 73 episodes. Hope that helps.

K-man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 2nd 2002, 8:03 pm

Kids, Inc. back when Martika and the kids from Wild Orchid were still on the show. Not to mention Mario Lopez dancing his little heart out. And Jennifer Love Hewitt (although the later seasons were definitely not as good as the first three).

*ducks*

The Wonder Years is not on DVD - yet! There was a "best of" DVD that was a little over an hour long, and a "best of Christmas" DVD, but that's it so far =(

I'm still voting for Moonlighting too.

ClarenceWorley
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ClarenceWorley » Jul 4th 2002, 8:34 am

Parker Lewis Can't Lose was great, and I have many fond memories watching it
every weekday afternoon.

Liquid Television was brilliant. Pity the one DVD (Wet Shorts, The Best of) of the
series, is now out of print.

Clarence Worley

ClarenceWorley
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ClarenceWorley » Jul 4th 2002, 8:45 am

In regard to Felicity on DVD, the following was posted on a Sports Night newsgroup
by someone who's close to (and/or who works for) Disney;

<font color=red>"ABC will be announcing soon that the entire series of Sports Night, as well as the
first seasons of Once and Again and Felicity will be released on DVD November
5th.....They will sell for about $79.99 each."</font color=red>

Seinfeld on the other hand, from what I understand Seinfeld himself is the only
one holding it up. He's yet to give his "okay" to even the initial planning of a
release.

Clarence Worley