Twin Peaks

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
starbug
Lifehead

Twin Peaks

Post by starbug » Jul 1st 2002, 5:42 am

Jason,
I'd like to say thanks for all your efforts on the MSCL project - I'm amazed at your patience; I'd be tearing out my hair and screaming by now...

Can it be true that you might be lobbying for other shows? Twin Peaks would be one of the all-time greats and I'd love to see it again...

If you're setting up a business, that's great and I wish you every success :-)

"You can help me too" I said and gave them my TV...

ClarenceWorley
Let's Bolt Regular

Re: Twin Peaks

Post by ClarenceWorley » Jul 1st 2002, 7:34 am

Artisan released the first season of Twin Peaks on DVD in December last year. The picture quality is excellent,
and the DD and DTS tracks are quite good as well. The extras are okay, but the set does have a clumsy
menu system.

Whether we'll be seeing Twin Peaks on DVD outside of R1, it certainly won't be anytime soon.

Clarence Worley

Post by Guest » Jul 1st 2002, 12:35 pm

wrong: the first season (including the pilot!) will be relased in Germany this fall (I think also in France, but definitely not in the UK). The second season is planned for next year

the box set will contain all the extras from the US-Version. And certainly the English sound is on it as well - so you may order it in the UK too (i.e. at amazon.de)

ClarenceWorley
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ClarenceWorley » Jul 1st 2002, 1:13 pm

I stand corrected. I'd only heard rumours about a potential French release, but a German release is
excellent news for R2. I was under the impression that licensing issues would make any releases
outside of the US almost impossible.

Clarence Worley

DrLemonBurn
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DrLemonBurn » Jul 1st 2002, 3:01 pm

The only thing relating this post to MSCL is that they're both TV shows, but: I've never seen *any* "Twin Peaks". What's it's appeal? I've wanted for a long time to see it, but I never had the excuse to go buy it. Without giving it all away, what kind of show is it?

so says Sparx.

Post by Guest » Jul 1st 2002, 3:41 pm

The first season is already on DVD. Just visit some online DVD stores and you can pick it up.

Sam

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 30th 2004, 2:32 pm

I am a huge Mulholland Drive Fan, and have viewed other David Lynch films. I have never seen Twin Peeks. Is it a good show?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Aug 30th 2004, 4:26 pm

Angela_Catalano wrote:I am a huge Mulholland Drive Fan, and have viewed other David Lynch films. I have never seen Twin Peeks. Is it a good show?
It was one of the best shows to ever air on TV IMO. If you have the ability to rent the Season 1 set you should do it. Unfortunately there is still no word on when (or if) Season 2 will be released here in the US though. Hopefully a good release will be available in Europe in the Fall.

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 30th 2004, 7:15 pm

Yes, Im pretty sure its avalible at my Hollywood Video. Im definitly going to rent it some time. How many seasons of the show were there?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Aug 31st 2004, 1:41 am

Angela_Catalano wrote:Yes, Im pretty sure its avalible at my Hollywood Video. Im definitly going to rent it some time. How many seasons of the show were there?
2, but if it is released here in R1 they will most likely be splitting S2 into 2 parts :( Atleast that was what they were saying before they shelved it.

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 31st 2004, 2:24 pm

The best shows never last.. that sucks that it will come out like that.
Sorry for all the questions, but is it like a really mysterious show with twists?? I know david Lynch and he has a very interesting way of doing things.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Nov 15th 2006, 12:58 am

Through the years I've heard little things about this show, and a good friend of mine at work loves it, so I borrowed the pilot episode from my local library and just finished watching it, and I don't think I liked it. Am I missing something? I know I probably have to see more episodes to get into the mystery, but I don't think I'm really that into the tv-movie/soap opera-esque style, even if it's evoked in irony. The library clerk was saying how funny the show is... I think I might have smirked twice. Is it that the show's just not for me, or do I need to give it a second look, or do I have no sense of humor or taste for good shows? My experience with David Lynch is limited to Lost Highway and The Straight Story...
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

BuffaloLawnmower
Liberty High Student

Post by BuffaloLawnmower » Nov 19th 2011, 6:28 pm

I LOVE this show too!

My favorite character is definitely Dale.

I could live without Donna and James.

I found two threads for shows that I like in one day. I've died and gone to fangirl heaven :-).