What are Lifer's watching these days?

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jan 22nd 2003, 10:51 am

candygirl wrote:Sascha, what do you think of Everwood? I have heard nothing but good things, but I haven't gotten around to watching it.
Well, I've seen three episodes now but I haven't made up my mind yet. On one hand, its partially very funny and entertaining (it's almost like Gilmore Girls with boys), but then again, it's in some parts just lame and annoyingly predictable. Clichés whereever you go.
Every ten to fifteen minutes, I just yell at the TV something like "Oh, come on -- get real!" and throw something at it. It feels almost like "7th Heaven". But the third episode got a lot better, it's less sentimental, so I'll give Everwood probably another chance.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

everwood

Post by lance » Jan 24th 2003, 1:08 pm

Hey all,

For fair disclosure, I haven't watched the show. This being said, I have heard very good things about it. Mek and Mom endorsed :D
If you like quirky shows this may be the one for you.

Best,

Lance Man

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 11th 2005, 4:45 am

Okay, I think there's something of a Bermuda's Triangle with the L Word thread and me. When I started watching it, I searched and seached for a thread and never found one. Then, one did pop up, and when I replied, I apparently read the date wrong, and the post was over a year old. And now, I can't find the thread again, It's maddening. I'm tempted to start a new thread, but I don't want to if there's already one out there. Was it all a dream? Was I spending too much time on this site and then having elaborate dreams about postin gon fictional threads, or am I just blind?? If there isn't one, I'll start one, but if there is, please post the link for me so that I can stop thinking I'm insane. Thank you.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Apr 11th 2005, 5:08 am

I guess you mean that one: http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3010

It's in the "Afterlife" section (about Devon Gummersalls appearence on the show), so that's probably why you didn't find it. If you want to talk about "The L-Word" in general, feel free to open a new thread here in the "Other TV Shows" forum.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 11th 2005, 10:39 am

Sascha (sab) wrote:It's in the "Afterlife" section (about Devon Gummersalls appearence on the show),
Mm,hm, it's all making sense now. Once you said it I totally remember that's where it was. Thank you Sascha, that explains a lot!!! (Although I still don't know why it never showed up for my orginal all-forum searches, and why I read the post date wrong ... :roll:) ANyway, thank you. :D
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Post by special_k » Apr 13th 2005, 2:33 pm

These days I find myself watching a lot of Doctor Who, which I must say, I'm terribly impressed by. Chris Eccleston and Billie Piper are magnificent in their roles as The Doctor and his companion Rose. For the first time the fact that the Doctor is an alien is being touched upon, new subplots have been introduced that fit the general theme but, aren't a rehash of the previous series mythology, and in Rose, he has something of an equal. Despite the fisrt episode's comedic touches, the series definitely has an adult tone to it. After a 15 year absence from production, the beeb has nailed it with this series. It's just the coolest thing ever. Yeah, I totally geek out on that!

Desperate Housewives is my other guilty pleasure. I've been a huge fan of Felicity Huffman ever since Sport's Night, and Teri Hatcher really hooked me in Lois & Clark. Then there's Marcia Cross' portrayal of Bree. I find myself able to relate to her a little too well, which is funny as I'm a liberal with a conservative streak. It happens. ;)
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Doctor Who

Post by Sascha » Apr 14th 2005, 7:36 am

Big "me too" here :-) The first three episodes of the "new" Doctor Who were amazing. It's really cool what they've done with the concept. While staying true to the original, they successfully brought the show into the 21st century. The theme song still gives me goose bumps... I'm glad that the BBC already greenlighted a second season (or the 28th, if one counts correctly) -- unfortunately without Ecclestone.

My other currently airing favorite tv shows are:
- Veronica Mars
- Lost
- Arrested Development
- Battlestar Galactica
- Gilmore Girls

(And for the first time in years all my favorite shows have been renewed! Yay!)

Don't have time to watch them now, but I'll catch up as soon as possible:
- 24 Season 4 (everyone tells me that this season is far better than the crappy ones before)
- Alias
- Carnivàle
- Scrubs
- West Wing
- Eyes
- Desperate Housewives

My "guilty pleasures" (not really good shows IMHO, but I'm kinda addicted)
- The O.C.
- ER
- Joan of Arcadia

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Re: Doctor Who

Post by dTheater » Apr 14th 2005, 7:42 pm

Sascha (sab) wrote:My other currently airing favorite tv shows are:
- Veronica Mars
- Lost
- Arrested Development
- Battlestar Galactica
- Gilmore Girls

(And for the first time in years all my favorite shows have been renewed! Yay!)
Is Arrested Development official? I think it will be, but they don't announce those things until May.
Don't have time to watch them now, but I'll catch up as soon as possible:
- 24 Season 4 (everyone tells me that this season is far better than the crappy ones before)
Eh, it's had it's ups-and-downs like the other seasons. Most recently, a huge down after the much-ballyhooed "shock twist" of the season turned out to be the most obvious thing that everyone saw coming.[/quote]
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Apr 14th 2005, 10:01 pm

With the departure of Joss Whedon from the small screen I haven't been watching as much.

With access to basic cable I have been watching:

Stargate
Battlestar Galactica

I have been watching the L Word off DVD.

I am making certain that the new apartment has the Sci Fi Channel.

-LanceMan

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Post by special_k » Apr 14th 2005, 11:19 pm

lance wrote: I am making certain that the new apartment has the Sci Fi Channel.

-LanceMan
I'm thinking it may be time to introduce you to the Doctor, Lance. ;)
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

EWU MSCL fan
Overlooked Sibling

Post by EWU MSCL fan » Apr 18th 2005, 12:45 am

The shows I am currently watching on TV

Without a Trace
Judging Amy
Numb3rs
JAG (2 episodes left, Harm and Mac better end up together)
Law and Order

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Doctor Who

Post by Sascha » Apr 18th 2005, 7:25 am

dTheater wrote: Is Arrested Development official? I think it will be, but they don't announce those things until May.
Argh, unfortunately not. I added AD to my list after I wrote about all shows being renewed :oops:

But I think AD will come back. If UPN can renew Veronica Mars, then FOX can renew AD (*crossing fingers*) :-)

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » May 15th 2006, 2:07 am

Well, West Wing ended tonight. :cry: I have very mixed feelings about the last 3 seasons, especially this last one, but it's still sad to see it end (not that it could have possibly stayed on any longer with any hope of still being good). For one thing, after seven years, I was so disapointed by the execution of the Josh and Donna storyline. It's not that I was expecting a Seinfeld finale with all the past characters coming back, but I was disappointed not to see at least the daughters and Nancy McNally again before the series ended. Anyway, West Wing is a great show, I'm happy to have my DVDs, and I will miss my Toby Ziegler and Lemon Lyman, but especially Toby.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » May 17th 2006, 2:31 am

I have some different shows that I got hooked on the last couple of school years:

Lost
America's Next Top Model ----- (Total guilty pleasure!)
Project Runway
Scrubs

When I have the chance to watch cable TV I always end up on the Food Network - - I LOVE Iron Chef America.

But really, the shows I listed above are about all I really like to or have time to watch. I don't even watch Scrubs on TV, I watch my dvds of it.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » May 17th 2006, 4:41 am

Jody Barsch* wrote:Well, West Wing ended tonight. :cry: I have very mixed feelings about the last 3 seasons, especially this last one, but it's still sad to see it end (not that it could have possibly stayed on any longer with any hope of still being good).
West Wing went downhill after creator Aaron Sorkin left around season 4 and it never really recovered. I'm looking forward his new NBC show "Studio 60", which will launch this fall. Sorkin is IMHO one of the best TV writers of our time (he also created "Sports Night") and the script for the "Studio 60" pilot episode is very well done. I can't wait to see it on TV.