What are Lifer's watching these days?

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Re: What are Lifer's watching these days?

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 13th 2010, 12:17 am

So, I saw the pilot. Some friends and I watched it during lunch today. it was good -- I can see the Juno and MSCL elements -- but it seemed to lack the depth or grounded reality of those. It's definitely a 1/2 hour comedy and not an hour drama. A few laugh-out-loud moments. Other than the name of the school, and maybe the depiction of the mom, don't see a lot based on the community so far. Surprised to see it was filmed at a school with enclosed hallways, definitely the exception rather than the norm in Southern California.

Update: the show was renamed Awkward. It's pretty cute. Waiting to see the "Knick Knackers" one.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !