"What Goes On?" - A New Show In The Works

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Cami A.
Catalano

"What Goes On?" - A New Show In The Works

Post by Cami A. » Feb 24th 2009, 2:29 am

My friend, Rick, over at DRtv (http://s9.zetaboards.com/DRTV/index/) sent me a personal message about a new show called "What Goes On?" that the creator compares to his favorite show "My So-Called Life". It has yet to be picked up by a network, but here's the scoop:

by Anthony D. Langford
February 23, 2009
CHATTING WITH … SRI RAO

I recently had the pleasure of interviewing Sri Rao, the former head writer of last year’s best soap opera on either daytime or nighttime television, General Hospital: Night Shift. In addition to discussing his work on that gay-inclusive, critically acclaimed show, Rao also shared his thoughts on the depiction of gay characters in the genre, who should write gay characters, how As the World Turns handled the Luke and Noah storyline, as well as news about a new project very close to his heart.

AE: Your television show "What Goes On?" What is it about?

SR: It’s probably the work that I am the most proud of in my career. It’s an ensemble drama about five teenagers growing up in a suburban neighborhood. It’s kind of along the lines of "My So-Called Life," which is my all time favorite show. I wrote and directed most of the first season, which we’ve completed ten episodes. We produced it for The N. It hasn’t premiered yet and we’re not sure when or where it will, but we’re in the process of trying to figure that out. I’m really anxious for people to see it because it’s a really well done teen drama.

AE: I assume it does have a gay character in it?

SR: Yes. One of the five main teenagers is gay. A guy named Ethan Knowles, played by Zach (Zachary) Booth who is in Damages right now – he plays Glenn Close’s son.
"So, the mouse makes pressure, just by breathing?...I can relate."

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Re: "What Goes On?" - A New Show In The Works

Post by stburr91 » Feb 25th 2009, 5:52 pm

I watched some of the show, and I'll say it started a little slow, but picked up in episode three. It's worth checking out.

I don't know if it's ok to post this here, if not, I'll delete the link.

You can see the show here.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=goe ... s&start=20
What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second."

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Feb 26th 2009, 4:31 am

Thanks, Stburr91!
I'll check it out.

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Feb 26th 2009, 4:56 am

Definitely slow so far,
and definitely not comparable to MSCL.

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » Feb 27th 2009, 3:06 pm

I watched all ten episodes, it wasn't bad. I agree with you Cami A, it's definitely not comparable to MSCL.
What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second."

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Feb 27th 2009, 5:43 pm

I've watched all 10 episodes now too.
You were right that it picked up in Episode 3,
and I actually really liked it overall.
It's a shame it wasn't picked up by a network.