Felicity

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Aug 23rd 2004, 3:12 pm

one thing I've noticed about some tv show DVDs is that the menus and regular features are very minimal. what I mean is that they don't have chapters. so you have to fast forward or rewind just like a VHS. I know it's kind of petty, but it really gets on my nerves! ha ha. I guess I am spoiled by regular movie DVDs. but I think the Alias DVDs do the same thing.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 23rd 2004, 3:15 pm

Once I started watching HBO shows on DVD, I was spoiled for life. Plenty of chapters, "previously on," etc. It's a thing of beauty. Then you get other shows on DVD where they can't even bother to put a chapter stop after the opening credits. Grrr.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 29th 2004, 5:29 pm

You can view the S4 cover art here. The set is due to be released on March 8th. tvshowsondvd is also reporting the following special features:
* The Lost Elena Scenes: This exclusive, never-before-seen footage provides the long-awaited answer to Felicity fans' biggest questions.
* Fade Out: Behind-the-scenes reflections on Felicity with Keri Russell and the show's creators.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Dec 3rd 2004, 8:02 pm

I had the chance to work with one of the writers of Felicity and I asked her about what happened to Elena and why she was alive at the end. she was confused and said that they wrote a scene explaining that. guess that's the magic of editing, to confuse us all. I'm assuming that is the lost Elena scene you mentioned.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Dec 4th 2004, 5:37 am

Yeah, J.J. Abrams once mentioned it in an interview:

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristin/A ... 40305.html

(Spoiler Alert for those who don't want to know the details yet)
What the heck happened with Elena?
(To refresh your memory, she died in a car accident a few episodes before Felicity's demise, then mysteriously reappeared in the series' wedding finale.) JJ jumped on this query. "Matt, in a fit of insanity, cut the scene that would have explained what happened to Elena for all of eternity...Basically, Felicity had warned Elena about [the car accident], and Elena listened." The best news? JJ offered to put that missing scene on the DVD. (Though it will be a while--the third season comes out this fall.)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 11th 2004, 9:07 pm

tvshowsondvd has posted the Felicity S4 DVD press release:
BURBANK, Calif., December 6, 2004 - The complete 4th season of TV's beloved "Felicity" will be available on a six-disc DVD set with FELICITY: SEASON FOUR, ready to own on March 8, 2005 from Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Imagine Entertainment and Touchstone Television. Starring Golden Globe Award? winner Keri Russell and co-starring Scott Speedman ("Duets") and Scott Foley ("Scream 3"), FELICITY: SEASON FOUR follows Felicity's journey of self discovery in her stunning senior year. You remember where it all began, now relive the fourth and final season, brimming with all the angst-ridden moments, romantic confusion and deep friendships, as well as the future hopes and dreams that come with graduation.

Bonus DVD materials for this six-disc set include: exclusive, never before seen footage from the final episode; behind the scenes with Keri Russell and the show's creators; a special Beverly Hills Museum of Television & Radio event; and cast and crew audio commentary on select episodes.

Created by J.J. Abrams and Matt Reeves. Executive produced by Brian Grazer, Ron Howard and Tony Krantz. The six-DVD set is available for $59.99 (S.R.P).

Bonus Materials
EXCLUSIVE NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN FOOTAGE FROM THE FINAL EPISODE
The long-awaited answer to Felicity fans' biggest question.
"FADE OUT"
Behind-the-scenes reflections while filming the final episode with Keri Russell and the show's creators.
CREATING CHARACTERS
The Museum Of Television & Radio Event in Beverly Hills, Ca.
AUDIO COMMENTARY
With cast and crew on select episodes.

In FELICITY: SEASON FOUR, what began four years ago as a bold journey of self-discovery culminates in Felicity's stunning senior year. Relive all the heartfelt moments, heartwarming laughs and heartbreaking decisions of the award-winning show's final season and discover the fate of each of your favorite characters. Will Felicity move on to a new life with Ben, or will she end up with Noel? It's 22 episodes of drama and excitement that will keep you captivated until the very last minute.

STREET DATE: MARCH 8, 2005
Suggested retail price: $59.99 (six-DVD set)
Total run time: Approximately 966 minutes
DVD aspect ratio: 1.33:1, formatted 4x3
Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1 Sound
Language: Spanish language track

EPISODES: THE DECLARATION, MISS CONCEPTION, MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING, YOUR MONEY OR YOUR WIFE, BOOOZ, OOPS.NOEL DID IT AGAIN, THE STORM, THE LAST THANKSGIVING, LONELYHEARTS, FIRE, A PERFECT MATCH, FUTURE SHOCK, KISS AND TELL, RAISING IN ARIZONA, THE PAPER CHASE, BEN DON'T LEAVE, THE GRADUATE, TIME WILL TELL, THE POWER OF THE EX, SPIN THE BOTTLE, FELICITY INTERRUPTED, and BACK TO THE FUTURE.

kidbro77
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kidbro77 » Mar 9th 2005, 3:33 pm

I got the Season 4 dvd yesterday and was soooooooo happy to see the whole Elena incident explained AS WELL as be able to see the deleted scenes from that final episode that included the Felicity warning Elena scenes!!! My only complaint with the Felicity DVDS is they didn't ever include a gag reel or bloopers and outtakes. As well, the first two seasons lacked the original music that was used in the show. Ah well... It's really over now. This was the last set of the series to come out on DVD.... farewell Felicity, this time for good...
-------------------------------
Blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/oyvavoy