Felicity

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Aug 8th 2002, 9:26 am

Wow!!! Devon and Claire?

That's some good gossip!

:shock:

:P
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Off-Screen Romance

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 9th 2002, 7:09 am

You said it, SCF, WOW! Despite the constant barrage of tabloids screaming about every star in Hollywood dating, marrying, divorcing, shacking up, getting pregnant with an alien baby, etc, I always imagined my favorite actors as emotionless robots who had no personal lives. It's half true anyway, since TV actors work long hours and have little time to spend with anyone other than fellow cast and crew. If the rumor's true, it makes one wonder if their fling carried over into their scenes together. Then again, maybe these two inexperienced youths simply decided to do some extra "research" into the romantic interactions of their characters :wink: .

Oh, now I feel all weird for gossiping. Which reminds me, did you hear that they had, like, total sex, at Brian Krackow's house?!! :o
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Aug 9th 2002, 9:14 am

LOL @ Nostradamus!!

And yeah, I totally heard that they had, like, total sex at Krakow's. I got a note about it today in History class. :lol:

Knowing that Claire and Devon had feelings for each other once (or just had an emotionless fling, who knows, hee hee, but regardless...) makes me look at the Angela-Brian dynamic in a whole new light.

:shock:
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Re: Roswell on DVD?

Post by dTheater » Aug 10th 2002, 11:17 pm

Re: Claire and Devon O.

This explains why they had such good chemistry.
sab wrote:
dTheater wrote:I gotta say, I don't care if Shakespeare was the head wrier for Boston Public, I honestly think that's the worst fictional television show ever made
Oh, that's the first time that I hear something negative about the show. It hasn't aired yet here in Germany, but I really enjoyed the other Kelley shows like "Picket Fences", "Ally" and "The Practice", so I had high hopes for "Boston Public". What's so bad about the show in your opinion? Can it really be worse than "7th Heaven"? ;-)
I imagine 7th Heaven is pretty bad, but I've never seen an entire episode. Boston Public I've seen one, maybe two episodes of because I wanted to at least give it a chance before I totally destroyed it by my words. I can tell you it's the most unrealistic show I've ever seen. Star Trek is more possible than this show and if you've ever gone to high school, you know this. From all the commercials I've seen, I see that every episode features a gimmicky, hot-topic plot. One episode, a kid gets shot in school. The next episode, a teacher is sleeping with a student. The next day, they deal with extreme racism. Then drugs. Then death threats. Then they do the same dance all over again. It's basically gimmick after gimmick in your average urban high school. Sounds like a typical day in the life to me. Maybe if there was one realistic plot, I could excuse it, but there hasn't been one.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

I watch Boston Public.

Post by K-man » Aug 12th 2002, 3:03 pm

Hey Sascha,
I like Boston Public. When/if it airs wherever you are, you may give it a chance. Look forward to seeing what direction J. Katims will take the storyline.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

somamoon
Three Rivers Resident

Post by somamoon » Sep 9th 2002, 9:13 pm

FYI about the Felicity DVD: You can pre-orer it from Amazon right now for $45! :)

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Post by special_k » Oct 29th 2002, 11:31 am

yes, this november is going to be very expensive for some of us! just last night changed the shipping on my order of felicity, once & again, and sports night to 2nd day. it'll be my fall holiday with days spent looking for a new job and nights devoted to long walks in the autumn air, devouring a.s. byatt's possession, sitting out on the balcony writing in my journal, doing the usual fall inventory of my life, and getting reacquainted with some old friends.

too bad roswell isn't out- yet. i'm seriously close to gathering the best quality source material, including the unaired pilot, and having a friend convert them to dvd for me. quality is a big thing for me, but after recently installing a dvd rom, i just have a very hard time watching disks on television. the sound and picture just can't compare. amelie was quite a revelation in this way, reminding me of the sensory seduction bram stoker's dracula was for me in 1992. sigh.

-kassandra
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Re: :D

Post by So-Called Loon » Nov 1st 2002, 2:47 am

socalledfan wrote:I am sooooo excited about Felicity. My second favorite show of all time, behind MSCL.

Felicity AND My So-Called Life on DVD??? What more could a gal ask for...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
For the first season or so Felicity looked to have real potential, but after that it felt to me like they were doing things just to do things and be different.

Her weird roommate got consistently less weird. Felicity went back and forth (kinda) between Ben and Knowl so often i was surprised they didn't both swear her off for good. Havier (sp?) was kind of amusing but Ben generally bored the crap out of me. Show took itself way too seriously, too. Seemed like most everyone was gloomy most of the time.

Alas, it was a well-meant attempt but only gets half the score on the "Coolness Meter" as MSCL.

The show between the cancellation of MSCL and this season that i thought was the most brilliant piece of work also only lasted a season.

I thought... well, i better not say which show. It's probably too much of a geezer show for this bunch. :roll:
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Nov 1st 2002, 2:52 am

Sorry if it sounds like i'm really trashing Felicity. It wasn't bad. But there's one very important thing i forgot to mention above.

The absolute worst thing in the entire series was that nauseatingly ghastly hairdo she had after getting it snipped. GAK! :P

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 1st 2002, 6:06 am

So-Called Loon wrote:The absolute worst thing in the entire series was that nauseatingly ghastly hairdo she had after getting it snipped. GAK! :P
No, the five-episode "time-travel" series finale was worse. I'm still trying to eliminate the memory of those final episodes from my brain. No luck so far. :-(

The first season of Felicity (and the same applies to Dawson's Creek) was the best. The second season was still good in parts, but after her hair cut the show dropped drastically. And the last season was a desaster, probably mainly because creator & writer J.J. Abrams moved on to "Alias". Felicity was at the end "just another teen soap" IMHO.

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Nov 2nd 2002, 5:25 am

sab wrote:No, the five-episode "time-travel" series finale was worse. I'm still trying to eliminate the memory of those final episodes from my brain. No luck so far. :-(
Ah yes! I think i saw perhaps 2-3 of the 5 and yes, they were pretty awful. :P

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Re: felicity

Post by So-Called Loon » Nov 2nd 2002, 5:45 am

Audrey wrote: :shock: People often say that dawsons creek is as good as mscl, :? which i couldnt disagree more with.
:shock: ...... :) ...... :lol: ....... :D ........ :mrgreen: Puh-leeze!

DC is barely on the radar!

dawsons creek as good as MSCL that's a good one.

kappster
Three Rivers Resident

Felicity

Post by kappster » Nov 3rd 2002, 5:18 pm

Just got the Felicity box set from my local Walmart. Paid a few extra bucks...$48 as compared to Amazon. Not sure why they had it out early but I am glad that they did. The packaging is not very impressive. A box, and three of the plastic DVD cases with two discs in each. Kind of disappointing...I am all about the packaging. The simpsons set and Buffy sets are much nicer looking sets. Oh well. Probably won't have time to watch them today, so no review on the picture and sound. They didn't have Sportsnight or Once and Again at walmart today...think they might have put felicity out early as a fluke.

Later

sonica
Tino

off topic: I got my Felicity dvds today!

Post by sonica » Nov 5th 2002, 9:35 pm

I am very impressed with amazon.ca. I received my Felicity dvd boxset TODAY, the same day of release. Now I just have to wait for the 19th to roll around and I should have the MSCL dvds in my hands. What a relief to know that I can trust amazon completely and that they will deliver on time! Not to mention the free shipping and $10 gift certificate to make it less than $100 Canadian. Yay! :)

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 5th 2002, 9:38 pm

Sonica,

Glad you got your DVDs. I hope it won't be too much longer until you have the MSCL DVDs in hand.

Lance Man