Pushing Daisies

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Pushing Daisies

Post by Sascha » Jun 3rd 2007, 8:50 am

"Pushing Daisies" is the new ABC drama by Bryan Fuller ("Dead Like Me") and Barry Sonnenfeld about a man who can bring back dead people just by touching them. The trailer looks fascinating, I can't wait to see this show.

Trailer here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nGoFLmjKCE

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » Jun 3rd 2007, 10:09 am

Generally, I'm not into supernatural shows (It seems everybody has some supernatural powers on TV these days.) but the trailer looked interesting.
What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second."

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Re: Pushing Daisies

Post by emmie » Oct 23rd 2007, 5:39 pm

Pushing Daisies is so freaking adorable, I love it! :) it reminds me a lot of Amelie with its charm and even the production value and style. I'm also glad to see a comedic show that isn't hokey or the same old humdrum sitcom.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 24th 2007, 6:33 am

I agree, emmie ! Pushing Daisies reminds me a lot of Amelie with its style and quirkiness. I like it a lot. Of course, I loved Wonderfalls and Bryan Fuller, so that explains a lot. And how can I not love a show where Kristin Chenowith busts out "Hopelessly Devoted to You"?
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jan 17th 2008, 7:19 pm

I saw the first few episodes and thought it was so good, for all the reasons you all have said. Kristen singing, totally cute & funny brother from Wonderfalls (which I gave to three different people for Christmas presents this year - the show, not the boy) ... but I haven't seen it [Pushing Dasies] for so long - I can't think what it would be, but I know my boyfriend watches something else at the same time and always get mad when I try to watch the "pie show." Maybe I'll give it another try.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 18th 2008, 4:33 am

You can also watch it at the ABC website. And tell your boyfriend that the pie show rocks!

:mrgreen:

No new episodes until the writers strike is over, so you have plenty of time to catch up!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Yukino
Tino

Post by Yukino » Jan 21st 2008, 9:35 pm

I watched only the 1rst episode, but I simply loved it! It's so adorable and funny in a sweet way - this is kinda rare nowadays when it comes to comedy tv shows.

I loved the Lee Pace's character and his relationship with Chuck. It's so cute! :-P

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » Jan 26th 2008, 4:19 pm

It's on hiatus because of the writers strike.

It is one of the more interesting new shows on this year.
What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second."