Life As We Know It

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
catalano_16
Tino

seniors...maybe

Post by catalano_16 » Oct 17th 2004, 8:17 pm

TomSpeed....I think the 3 male students may be seniors? I'm not exactly sure...but they look it. I kno @ my school, many seniors look like that....except not that hot, of course. if that was the case, then i'd have a b/f! LOL :D :morning:
"My parents keep asking how school was. It's like saying 'How was that drive-by shooting?' You don't care how it_was_, you're lucky to get out alive."

inhirnamy137
Nicky Driscoll

Post by inhirnamy137 » Oct 19th 2004, 3:48 pm

I watched it and didn't like it that much. The actors aren't that good and yes, most the students look O.C. ish...

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Oct 28th 2004, 4:46 pm

Well First of all I wanted to watch the show, because it was compared to MSCL. Well Ofcourse I watched it the first week, and i think its nothing like Mscl. I really didnt like it that much from the first week, but i continued to watch it after. It has gotten better, but not in anyway do i think its like Mscl. In my opinion no one will ever capture the feeling and the greatness of Mscl. But this show is worth watching.. its better then watching the apprentice!

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Nov 28th 2004, 10:09 pm

As usual I am way behing the times, as I just saw this show for the first time on MTV yesterday. I knew nothing about this show but it didn't take long before I saw that it was trying HARD to emulate MSCL in many ways. Is it another MSCL? NO WAY! Is it close? NO WAY! Did I watch it. Yes. I have to say I liked it somewhat and will try and keep up with it.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Nov 29th 2004, 2:34 pm

Alright I was really getting to like this show... about a few weeks ago they showed scenes for the up coming episode, and It has never came back... Does anyone know what happened to the show?? Was it canceled? Or picked up by another station? If anyone knows any info on the show please let me know ok!!! Thanks!

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 29th 2004, 3:30 pm

The show didn't air during the sweeps on ABC. Bad sign.

From tvtome.com:

"life as we know it" will return to ABC on December 2nd. You can catch the first three episodes of this season on MTV on November 27th. The next three episodes will be shown on December 4th. Check MTV listings for more information.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Dec 8th 2004, 11:25 am

Whoa, big deja-vu: ABC is moving "life as we know it" to Thursday, 8pm as of Jan. 6th -- it's then up against "The O.C.".

Remember that show which died in that timeslot exactly 10 years ago? It was called "My So-Called Life"...

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jan 22nd 2005, 7:03 am

Just for the record: The Hollywood Reporter calls the show "cancelled". ABC didn't order more episodes.

Juli
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Juli » Jan 22nd 2005, 4:08 pm

Which depressed me to no end when I first heard.

There's a campaign to try to get WB or MTV to pick it up. A long shot but worth a try.

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Jan 26th 2005, 1:06 pm

I am really upset that they canceled this show. It was 1 of my 4 favorites this year.. I loved Dino and Jackie... When I found out I almost had tears in my eyes.. Especially because right b4 I found out this show was canceled I just had found out on of my other top 4 was canceled also.. And that was THE MOUNTAIN.. That was a really great show, Im not sure if any of you watched that, but i signed a petition to save the show, I doubt it will do much work.. But anyways incase you guys dont know there are supposed to still be 2 episodes they didnt air of Life As We Know it... I really hope they air them!

Anyways Im sick of watching these new shows, and having them take them away right as they are really getting good.. 2 good shows with only 13 made.

If anyone hears anything about when they might air these episodes..Please let me know!

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Jan 26th 2005, 2:28 pm

Somehow I was watching The Osbornes late the other night and it was about Kelly going to the audition for LAWKI and then getting the part. She was talking about how she really didn't like the dialog of the script ("like, oh my gosh!" aka valley girl) but she liked the story and was excited about it. And she said that it was called "Doing It" - I thought that was interesting....

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 26th 2005, 3:55 pm

I didn't watch either show because they sounded awful and were getting pretty negative reviews before they even aired. I watched one episode of The Mountain only because James Marsters was the guest star, and I thought it was predictable, poorly written, and boring. I had never seen the show before and didn't know any of the character backgrounds/relationships and I still figured out what was going to happen in the first ten minutes. I watched one episode of LAWKI only to see if it lived up to the promos that promised it was the next MSCL. Unfortunately, I found it to be cliche and predictable, so I never bothered watching it again.

All that aside, I know how disappointing it is when a show you love is cancelled. What is worse - when a new show that has lots of promise is cancelled or when an older show which you have grown to love over the years is cancelled? Ahhh, the eternal question about whether it's better to burn out than to fade away. Thankfully in this day and age, we have VCRs, TiVO, DVDs, and the internet. Imagine when the first Mickey Mouse Club show was cancelled. Disappointed kids had to deal with it. Now you can go online and find people who are willing to send you copies of the show that they recorded, then you can sign a petition to get the show on DVD, and voila - it lives forever in your living room. Now that's the kind of technology I can get behind (speaking of which, only a few more days before Wonderfalls is released on DVD - woo hoo!).
she said that it was called "Doing It"
The novel that the show is based upon is Doing It by Melvin Burgess.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jan 26th 2005, 4:30 pm

Rob, top five musical crimes perpetuated by Stevie Wonder in the 80s and 90s? Go... sub-question... is it in fact unfair to criticize a formerly great artist for his latter day sins, is it better to burn out or fade away?
:D :D :D
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Jan 26th 2005, 7:02 pm

The novel that the show is based upon is Doing It by Melvin Burgess.
Cool - I didn't know that! Thanks CG!

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Feb 8th 2005, 2:08 pm

If anybody is interested.. The last 2 episodes of LAWKI are airing on March 3rd and March 10th.. Its so sad that its gone!