The Star Who Died Twice?

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

The Star Who Died Twice?

Post by So-Called Loon » Sep 25th 2004, 3:57 pm

Am i nuts or delirius or something? :shock:

I thought i made a rather lengthy posting about this a few days ago. :o

Posed some questions.

Wondered why there was no response. Just did a pack of searches for different things that were in the post and it doesn't seem to exist on the site.
:oops: :roll: :cry:
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: The Star Who Died Twice?

Post by Sascha » Sep 25th 2004, 4:08 pm

So-Called Loon wrote:Wondered why there was no response. Just did a pack of searches for different things that were in the post and it doesn't seem to exist on the site.
Hm, maybe our database ate it. But I don't know how that could happen. Did anybody else see this topic?

BTW, you can easily search for all your postings by using this link: http://www.mscl.com/forum/search.php?se ... alled+Loon

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 25th 2004, 5:34 pm

SCL - I am not accusing you of being crazy, but I know how you feel because sometimes I intend to post something and then two days later (heck, even a few weeks later), I start looking for the particular post/thread and it isn't there. In my case, it's usually because I meant to post it but never got around to it and I feel like :hammer1:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Sep 26th 2004, 3:29 am

Yeah, I've had that problem both here and in real life; I'll be telling a joke or story and space that I've told that same thing to the same person the day before.

:oops:

I did notice that my "new post" flags vanished the other day shortly after I logged in, but that was during my transition from IE to Firefox, so it could have been on my end.

<shrug>

:)
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Sep 26th 2004, 9:11 am

Ah nurtz!! :hammer1:

It was a huge ole thing. I probably shut down the browser or the system or something crashed before i posted it. :roll:

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Here's the new Abridged Version

Post by So-Called Loon » Sep 27th 2004, 7:33 am

If i recollect correctly, i think i asked the questions:

1 - Does anybody remember Michael Hayes?
2 - Does anybody remember Cracker?
3 - If so, what did you think of them?

As for the Actor Who Died Twice:

As i wrote this lost post in which i wanted to ask about those two shows, i couldn't remember the title "Cracker". I remembered the star, but i couldn't remember his name. So i did an IMDb search for "Murphy Brown". That led me to Robert Pastorelli.

But, while reading Pastorelli's info at IMDb, i came across the weirdest coincidence.

Rewind to '98: |<<
After Cracker aired, i recall hearing that it was on hiatus i.e. probably dead but might be brought back as a mid-season replacement.

Couple months later i heard on the news that it's star, Robert Pastorelli had died. A family member had heard likewise and we wondered how, but never bothered to find out.

Fast-forward to 2003: >>|

I was watching a "Hack" episode and Surprise; up pops none other than Robert Pastorelli as a guest star! Risen from the dead apparently. Happened to be watching with the same family member who had also thought he was dead. Blew us away!

Fast-forward to the recent present, once again: >>|
I've just barely looked up Robert Pastorelli to find out the name of the '97 series he was in, and thinking about how i thought he was dead until last fall. I recognize the title "Cracker" right away, and then my gaze flits across the top of the page and i see this:

Date of death (details)
8 March 2004
Hollywood Hills, California, USA.
-- (accidental heroin overdose)

So now he's dead again!

------------

So, anyway, his next role is in the film Be Cool, due for release in 2005"
:wink:
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Sep 27th 2004, 1:01 pm

ooh, that's creepy so-called loon! so then you have to ask the question....is he really dead this time? :?