Lost

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Sep 12th 2005, 11:54 am

Hey everybody - I got my LOST dvds a few days ago and they are awesome!!! I really love seeing the episodes in crystal clear digital quality. I don't have cable so my tv recpetion is not so great. I'm watching all the episodes in order and then the 7th special features disc at the end. Right now I'm on disc 5! :D
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Sep 13th 2005, 10:16 am

My DVDs came last Thursday! And it is really nice to see the episodes so clearly. I can't wait to watch the bonus disc and see the episodes that I missed when they first aired. A week from tomorrow (the 21st) is the premier of season 2!!

:D

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Sep 15th 2005, 8:34 am

I'm watching the DVDs now. I didn't realize how many episodes I had missed. Things are so much clearer plot-wise now.

CAN'T WAIT FOR 2ND SEASON TO START.

Heh.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Sep 19th 2005, 10:20 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9367877/site/newsweek/

I found this article thismorning - Can't wait for Wednesday!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Sep 21st 2005, 3:03 pm

I got the dvds the day they came out! I LOVE LOST! Its a great show and Congratz to them on winning best Drama series!

I cant wait for the 2nd season first episode tonight! YAY YAY!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 22nd 2005, 4:12 am

Congratulations to the show for winning Emmys for Outstanding Dramatic Series and Best direction (for the Pilot). That said, I'm totally over this show. I really liked it at the beginning of last season, but by the last month I was ready to quit watching. I decided to stick it out until the end of the season, just to see if they could convince me to watch the second season. I watched the season premiere tonight, but only because Veronica Mars doesn't begin until next week. I could watch both if I did a little finangling, but I don't care enough to make the effort. I'm really disappointed because I used to like this show so much. The writing is good, but the payoff was almost non-existent.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Sep 22nd 2005, 10:59 am

Candygirl, I have to agree with you somewhat. I was disappointed with the season 2 premiere. I'll keep watching it, though. Maybe it'll get better. Plus it's like a social get-together thing with friends for me. But according to the article I posted a few days ago, ideally LOST should end after just a couple of seasons, because the viewers will get really frustrated with never having any mysteries solved.

And also congratulations to LOST for winning the emmy for best music score!

~~Kristin~~

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Sep 27th 2005, 4:36 pm

I think the real test for this show will be when they have to begin to answer some of the questions in order to propose new ones. When you build this much suspense it's next to impossible for the answer to live up to what you’d expect. If they don’t answer them, I think as you introduce new ones it reaches a point where viewers get fed up with waiting. Either way I don’t see how you can sustain it for a long period of time. But until then I’ll be watching faithfully trying to figure it all out, and of course coming up with more questions than answers.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Sep 27th 2005, 5:20 pm

At the official ABC website for LOST they have a forum there too. I read some of it, and it is mostly theories as to what the hell is going on, how characters are connected, and which ones they like best. I don't post over there, but sometimes I read it.

By the way, I was watching my first season DVDs, and I'm getting more and more convinced that Walt has some sort of third eye power that he's maybe not even aware of. In the third episode (tabula rasa), Michael is telling Walt he'll find Vincent (walt's dog) as soon as it stops raining. While he says this, Walt casts a glance out of their makeshift tent and it immediately stops raining. Crazy!

~~Kristin~~

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 10th 2005, 5:58 am

Kristin wrote:By the way, I was watching my first season DVDs, and I'm getting more and more convinced that Walt has some sort of third eye power that he's maybe not even aware of. In the third episode (tabula rasa), Michael is telling Walt he'll find Vincent (walt's dog) as soon as it stops raining. While he says this, Walt casts a glance out of their makeshift tent and it immediately stops raining. Crazy!
Yeah, that's one of my theories too. That's probably why "The Others" wanted him. Before the plane crashed, he was reading a comic featuring a polar bear ... and a polar bear appeared in a later episode on the island. That boy is special.

I wish I could let go of "Lost", but I'm hooked all over again. I was hugely disappointed by the season finale and the season two premiere created even more questions than it answered. But they increased the speed of the storytelling and this whole new "Dharma" concept is just so weird -- I just have to know what's behind all this. Darn. I guess it would be best to wait and watch the entire season next year on DVD cause the cliffhangers are killing me. But I just can't resist. And 42 minutes later, I'm even more confused than before ... ;-). I even thought about buying that "Third Policeman" book which was featured in a quick scene in last week's episode.

Ah, well. At least I managed to drop "The O.C." and "Everwood" for good from my "Guilty Pleasures" TV Watch List after the season premieres. But now I caught myself watching the new "Charmed" season. Well, boobs. What other reason does a man need to watch TV? ;-)

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 10th 2005, 10:29 pm

Sascha (sab) wrote:Well, boobs.
When I read this I thought you were saying an expression like "aw shucks" or "gosh darnit!" instead of the reason you are watching the show. I think I may have to start using that, though:

salesperson: I'm sorry, we're all out of that cd until next week!
me: Well, boobs. What else do you have by that band?

That's awesome! :D

And yes, I'm hooked all over again too, but this time a little more out of frustration than sheer tension fantastic suspense. I think part of the reason it's so frustrating is because it feels like it should be a movie. At least, it sure felt like a movie last season. This is starting to feel more like a tv show this season.

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 11th 2005, 12:27 am

What other reason does a man need to watch TV?
I'm pretty easy to please - either plot or boobs will do. I don't need both!

:go:

Kristin, I'm going to have to start working, "Well, boobs," into my conversations.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 11th 2005, 7:05 am

Kristin wrote: salesperson: I'm sorry, we're all out of that cd until next week!
Congratulations, that was the first "Coffee-on-my-monitor" posting in this forum in, like ... ever. LOL :D

candygirl wrote: I'm pretty easy to please - either plot or boobs will do. I don't need both!
Exactly :)

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Oct 11th 2005, 7:05 pm

As soon as Sasha said "boobs", I knew exactly what he was talking about. I've found women like talking about boobs as well, all be it for different reasons. But regardless, it sure beats the standard dry what do you do?, where are you from? conversation. And it takes a girl with a good sense of humor and a quick wit to pull it off, works as a good measuring stick in that way. I'll go back to thinking about boobs in silence now.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Oct 12th 2005, 12:40 am

Sascha (sab) wrote:
Kristin wrote: salesperson: I'm sorry, we're all out of that cd until next week!
Congratulations, that was the first "Coffee-on-my-monitor" posting in this forum in, like ... ever. LOL :D

candygirl wrote: I'm pretty easy to please - either plot or boobs will do. I don't need both!
Exactly :)
I have to agree that I, too, chuckled out loud reading this, prompting my roommate to look at me funny.

candygirl, you think like the tv execs! because we sure don't get both in tv. usually just the boobs. :wink: