Lost

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Mar 10th 2005, 1:42 pm

schris wrote:I wonder what Sawyer was being taken in for?! We will have to wait and see!
Maybe for killing Mr. Katimski!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Mar 10th 2005, 1:54 pm

I got some news, I went to the TV Tome Site, and "Lost" the first season is due to be out in stores September 6th 2005.. 24 episodes, 7 discs, with interviews with Matt fox.. Its supposed to be about $60.

I was hoping I could watch back the first season again b4 watching the 2nd.. So this is great news!

And thanks for letting me know about whos back story that was.. It has been bothering me.. !!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 10th 2005, 3:49 pm

Angela_Catalano wrote:I did see Hurley in the back round of the chinese ppl's television..
Actually, they are Korean, as Michael pointed out several times in the earlier episodes when Hurley kept referring to "the Chinese dude."
schris wrote:I wonder what Sawyer was being taken in for?!
Kristin wrote:Maybe for killing Mr. Katimski!
Hee! But doubtful. When Sawyer was brought into the station (Hearts and Minds), he yelled, "It was his bottle, I was just giving it back!" so it was probably a bar brawl. When I saw him in the same bar as Jack's dad (Outlaws), I was waiting for Sawyer to hit him over the head with a beer bottle.

:lol:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Mar 10th 2005, 3:59 pm

I also heard about the DVD coming in September! Im excited! :D

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Mar 10th 2005, 6:13 pm

candygirl - I was just kidding! I mean, I think that had Sawyer been detained for that murder, it would have been a bigger deal with more security of course - in a realistic situation. But seriously, though - how do you remember this stuff, candygirl? I couldn't have told you what Sawyer said in that scene. Impressive!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 11th 2005, 3:57 am

I knew you were kidding - I guess I should have added a :wink: or :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, I have a memory for details like that which means my brain doesn't have room for more important stuff. I often wonder what I could accomplish if I could clear out info I don't need anymore, like my first boyfriend's phone number.

:lol:

Heh, I probably remember what Sawyer said in the police station since I rewound that scene two or three times so I could hear exactly what he was yelling.

:oops:

There is more info about the DVDs from tvshowsondvd:
We've already posted several bits of news that Lost - The Complete 1st Season was coming to DVD later this year, with a street date planned for Sept. 6th. Buena Vista has confirmed that this will be a 6-DVD set with a price of $59.99 SRP in the USA, and CAN$87.99 in Canada. Amazon.com (USA) already is pre-selling this for a mere $41.99 discounted price!

Now we have your very first look at the cover art for this highly anticipated release! You'll find it below: a shiny silver - but sparsely decorated - box that captures the feeling that these crash survivors pictured are trapped in a meager environment far from the creature comforts of home.

At least 5 hours worth of extras are supposed to be packed onto these discs, along with a couple dozen hour-long episodes, of course! Rumored to be among the supplements - Buena Vista hasn't made a final list available yet - are the following:

* The original pilot
* Behind-the-scenes footage of the making of the show
* Audio commentaries
* Blooper reel
* Roundtable discussions with cast and crew
* A Matthew Fox photography featurette
* Deleted scenes
* Casting tapes
* New, original "mini-movie" that reveals why the plane crashed
You can view the cover art here.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Mar 11th 2005, 11:51 am

Okay... I might have to buy that. :D I'm glad it's coming out in September - that way I'll have some money from working all summer... unlike now.

~~Kristin~~

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Mar 11th 2005, 12:10 pm

Me too - and $41 feels a lot better than $60...

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 16th 2005, 5:15 pm

tvshowsondvd has posted the official DVD press release:
THE MUST-OWN, 6-DISC DVD BOX SET
AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 6

LOST
THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON

Includes Original, Never-Before-Seen
Extended Uncut Version of the 2-Hour Pilot,
Deleted Scenes, Audio Commentaries and More
Exclusive Bonus Features

#1 Primetime Drama Series From The Creator of 'Alias'

BURBANK, Calif., March 15, 2005 - Touchstone Television's runaway hit LOST crashes onto DVD with a superb six-disc box set that includes the complete first season. Broadcast on ABC and one of the hottest shows on television, LOST is the newest action-packed mystery-thriller from J.J. Abrams, creator of "Alias." Join an excellent ensemble cast as they fight for survival on an island laden with secrets and suspense, and discover over five hours of exclusive bonus features in LOST: THE COMPLETE 1st SEASON, from Touchstone Television and Buena Vista Home Entertainment.

Bonus features for LOST: THE COMPLETE 1st SEASON include the never-before-seen, extended uncut version of the original pilot; exclusive, in-depth behind-the-scenes looks at the making of the show; backstage with Drive Shaft all-access pass behind the music; the art of Matthew Fox featurette; 'Before They Were Lost' original casting tapes; blooper reel; rare deleted scenes; and multiple filmmaker audio commentaries. Available for $59.99 for the six-disc DVD.

The September 6 release date is timed to give new and existing fans an opportunity to catch up with all 24 episodes (plus the five hours of exclusive bonus programming that includes the pilot), before the next season airs on ABC TV.

LOST: THE COMPLETE 1st SEASON is presented with theatrical style specifications - widescreen with a Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Soundtrack - for an optimal viewing experience.

LOST is the thrilling adventure of 48 survivors of a plane crash, all stranded on an island that holds many secrets. Matthew Fox (Party of Five) stars as Jack, the quick-thinking doctor and group leader.

Stripped of everything, the 48 survivors scavenge what they can from the plane for their survival. Some panic. Some pin their hopes on rescue. A few find inner strength they never knew they had - like Kate (Evangeline Lilly, TV's Kingdom Hospital), who, with no medical training, suddenly finds herself suturing the doctor's wounds. Hurley (Jorge Garcia, TV's Becker) - a man with a warm sense of humor despite the desperate situation - does his best to keep his cool as he helps those around him to survive. Charlie (Dominic Monaghan, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy) is a faded rock star who harbors a painful secret. Sayid (Naveen Andrews, Bride and Prejudice) is a Middle Eastern man who must wrestle with the racial profiling directed at him by some of his fellow survivors.

Jin (Daniel Dae Kim, TV's 24) and Sun (Yunjin Kim, Shiri) are a Korean couple whose traditions, values and language are foreign and thus causes much to get lost in the translation. Sawyer (Josh Holloway, TV's Sabretooth) has an air of danger surrounding him, and his intense sense of mistrust for everyone around him could prove to be fatal to his fellow castaways. Michael (Harold Perrineau, The Matrix series) has just gained custody of his nine-year-old son, Walt (Malcolm David Kelley, Antwone Fisher), after the death of his ex-wife - they are a father and son who don't even know each other. Locke (Terry O'Quinn, TV's The West Wing) is a mysterious man who keeps to himself, and who harbors a deeper connection to the island than any of the others. Claire (Emile de Ravin, TV's The Beastmaster) is pregnant. And self-centered Shannon (Maggie Grace, TV's Cold Case) - who actually gives herself a pedicure amid the chaos - and her estranged controlling brother, Boone (Ian Somerhalder, TV's Young Americans), constantly bicker and must learn to get along if they are to survive.

The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain if they want to stay alive. But the island holds many secrets, including the intense howls of the mysterious creatures stalking the jungle, which fill them all with fear. Fortunately, thanks to the calm leadership of quick-thinking Jack and level-headed Kate, they have hope. But even heroes have secrets, as the survivors will come to learn. LOST is created by J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof, from Touchstone Television.

* STREET DATE: SEPTEMBER 6, 2005
* Suggested retail price: $59.99 (6 Disc DVD).
* Bonus materials unrated and subject to change.
* DVD aspect ratio: 1.78:1 Widescreen
* Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 16th 2005, 11:46 pm

This week's eonlin chat with Kristin has info on the Lost finale (don't worry, no spoilers):
The finale is a two-parter, and the second part is 90 minutes long, with the last half-hour virtually commercial free! (So, all in all, we're getting 24 hours of Lost this season, instead of the usual ep order of 22.)
She also promises to have a "special, five-page long, all-Lost column for next week."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 7th 2005, 12:41 am

After TWO new episodes in a row, we're back to the crazy scheduling with Lost. Supposedly there is a special called Lost: The Journey that will be airing in April, as well as two more regular episodes, then the season finale.

The season finale is now three hours long. Part one of the finale will air first, then the two hour conclusion will air.

In other news, scifiwire is reporting that David Fury will not return for the second season. Instead he will be working on a new show called The Inside and also working as the new co-executive producer of 24.

In the mean time, more news from tvshowsondvd about the DVD set:
Back in February I commented that I'd like to see a killer seven disc set for Lost, because I didn't feel six discs would work, given the number of episodes they were producing. Yes, a six disc set could hold all 24 episodes of the show (4 episode per disc), but would we be left with scraps for extras?

In the past week we've learned that the finale will be 2 hours, and there will be a special "bonus" episode airing in April, giving the show 26 TV hours of material. This news prompted me to call Disney again and ask about the disc count, and I heard back from them today. The set will include seven discs, not the previously reported six. This is excellent news for fans of the show, since it will allow DVD producers more room for the extras.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Apr 28th 2005, 10:39 am

Anyone else sort of disappointed with this week's LOST? I mean, I get that it's supposed to hook new viewers into the show this far into the season - but MAN I want a new episode! I kept waiting for the flashbacks to before they were on the plane... this was just a clip show. I checked the tv listings for Wednesday night and it said for LOST: "Flashbacks to the core characters before getting on the plane." The narrator bothered me too.

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 28th 2005, 3:17 pm

ABC did the same thing for Desperate Housewives. They are waiting until May sweeps to air new episodes. It's all about money.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Aug 11th 2005, 5:45 am

OK, late as usual... but the pilot just aired on UK tv last night. I thought it was great, and I will definitely be tuning in next week. I purposely haven't read the rest of this thread in case of spoilers, but I heard that the man in charge of championing this show and Desperate Housewives was kicked by ABC before either of the shows aired. Amazing.

I'm off to TWOP now :-)

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Aug 11th 2005, 6:45 pm

Starbug you are in for a great show! The recaps on TWoP are awesome. Somehow they made the show more enjoyable in a weird way. Anyways... I just checked my order on Amazon.com and my LOST dvd will be here the begining of Sept! Im really excited. Have fun watching!