Lost

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 25th 2005, 5:44 pm

Thanks candygirl, I was a little fuzzy on the rules on spoilers, but I checked out that thread and now I'm clear. :D
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 25th 2005, 6:01 pm

I know it's hard to keep spoiler policies straight since each site has different rules. We tried to make ours as simple as possible.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Feb 25th 2005, 11:02 pm

Lost and Alias back to back, what a combo! These are the only TV shows that I watch regularly now.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Mar 4th 2005, 7:58 pm

Its been a few days - but is anyone else still freaking out about the ep on Wednesday?? This show just gets creepier every week - I love it! Im glad we finally got to see Hurley's back story. But we will have to wait a while till a new ep airs - way to keep us in suspense!

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Mar 4th 2005, 10:11 pm

schris, I'm still obsessed with LOST as well. I was totally confused by the numbers! I laughed so hard at the end when Charlie didn't believe Hurley when he said he was worth 156 million dollars. I'm so mad that they are going to show another repeat next week. Why can't they just show them all in a row? I think candygirl may have explained that already - I'm just venting! Can't wait for the next new episode!
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 5th 2005, 8:25 pm

candygirl wrote:Most full season shows run from late September/early October through May, but there are only around 22 episodes for a full season. Do the math and you'll see that isn't enough new episodes to last 6-7 months. Obviously the networks always want high ratings, but it's especially important during sweeps months, which determine how much the networks can charge advertisers, so they put on reruns in ordere to save new episodes for those periods (such as February).
I forgot to post this last week - a poster at the Fuselage translated the scenes in Korean, but the TWoP recap also includes a translation of the conversation between Jin and Sun on the beach.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Mar 5th 2005, 10:02 pm

Wow - school makes you so stupid sometimes...

I JUST got it: LOST... in translation

Can you say "duh" in Korean?
:P

~~Kristin~~

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Mar 5th 2005, 10:07 pm

Speaking of titles, does anyone else think LOST's episode titles are rather corny?

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 5th 2005, 10:40 pm

I'd say a few of them are kind of cheesy, but for the most part they aren't too corny.

For the sake of argument, the episode titles:

Pilot
Tabula Rasa
Walkabout
White Rabbit
House of the Rising Sun
The Moth
Confidence Man
Solitary
Raised by Another
All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues
Whatever the Case May Be
Hearts and Minds
Special
Homecoming
Outlaws
...in Translation
Numbers
Deux Ex Machina
Do No Harm
The Greater Good

JJ loves numbers, so it will be interesting to see how else the lottery numbers (4 8 15 16 23 42) are significant. So far, Kate's safe deposit box was 815, as was the flight number and the model number of the copier that Charlie was trying to sell. Rousseau heard the numbers 16 years ago, the same time that Leonard heard the numbers. Jack said he needed to be in LA in 16 hours. Hurley won after 16 weeks of losing. Jack, Charlie, and Kate reached the cockpit 16 hours after the crash. The numbers on Boone's shirt in Solitary are the Chinese characters for the numbers 84. 8 people died at the Canadian show factory. John was paralyzed for 4 years. Liam was clean for 4 years. Sawyer's birthday wish was 4 years ago. Sam died 4 years ago. Lenny was playing Connect 4. Rousseau wrote the 6 numbers 7 times, which makes 42 numbers.

And who wants to bet that box company Hurley owned was the same box company where John worked?

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Mar 6th 2005, 2:44 pm

Speaking of numbers - I had to tape record last week's episode "Numbers" because I had a concert, and since I don't have cable sometimes it records really dark due to the bunny ears on my tv not being set PERFECTLY. Anyway - at the very end of the episode the camera swoops into the jungle and ends on something with numbers on it: what were the numbers? The same cursed ones that Hurley won the lottery with? What was the thing that the numbers were on? Part of the plane? Darn that basic channels service.

~~Kristin~~

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Mar 8th 2005, 11:39 am

Kritsin: The numbers that they showed at the end of the episode are the same numbers that Hurley used for the lotto. They were on the hatch thingy that Boone and Locke discovered not too long ago. To me it looked more uncovered compared to when we first saw it. So maybe Boone and Locke are working on it while they are out in the jungle for hours on end. Pretty wierd though!

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Mar 8th 2005, 11:47 am

Thanks schris. I just couldn't make it out - the resolustion on my tape turned out so dark. Did it look like Locke saw those numbers on the hatch he and Boone were working on, so he knows the cursed numbers too? That would be pretty cool. What was Locke doing sixteen years ago!?

~~Kristin~~

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Mar 8th 2005, 11:56 am

From what I got from it - no one was around when they zoomed in on the numbers. I think it was just a shot for us at home. Im sure that no one knows (yet) that those numbers are etched into the hatch. I can't wait that long for a new episode!!!

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Mar 10th 2005, 1:27 pm

This show is quite a puzzle, I love it.. Ive been reading what you guys have been posting and I did see Hurley in the back round of the chinese ppl's television.. I was hoping I wasnt the only one out there who saw that, because I also so Sawyer during someone elses memories too.. Im not sure whos back story it was, but Sawyer was getting arrested in the back round at a police station in it. Im wondering if alot of ppl pop up in other back memories, but we just dont notice it..

Let me know if you guys remember seeing sawyer in a back memory, and if you can tell me whos it was..ok!

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Mar 10th 2005, 1:37 pm

Angela_Catalano wrote:This show is quite a puzzle, I love it.. Ive been reading what you guys have been posting and I did see Hurley in the back round of the chinese ppl's television.. I was hoping I wasnt the only one out there who saw that, because I also so Sawyer during someone elses memories too.. Im not sure whos back story it was, but Sawyer was getting arrested in the back round at a police station in it. Im wondering if alot of ppl pop up in other back memories, but we just dont notice it..

Let me know if you guys remember seeing sawyer in a back memory, and if you can tell me whos it was..ok!
It was durring Boone's flashback. He was at the station to report that Shannon had been hit by her boyfriend. But since they are only step bro & sis and have different last names the police officer said that he couldn't help him (and it seemed like he didn't really belive Boone either). I wonder what Sawyer was being taken in for?! We will have to wait and see!