Veronica Mars

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Cami A.
Catalano

Re: Veronica Mars & MSCL Parallels!

Post by Cami A. » Apr 30th 2009, 3:23 am

I agree with both of you. I certainly love a good bff dynamic, and Wallace and Veronica are one of the best I've seen. I love how protective they are of one another though, and how they don't like each other's guys/gals. I just finished the second season! OMG! Didn't see that ending coming! I can't decide if Season 1 or Season 2 was better. And Logan sure has grown on me. I kind of see Logan as the Jordan of VM. He's the misunderstood bad boy who is tough on the outside, but is really soft on the inside. Not quite Jordan though.

Possibly another similarity: What I love about VM is that they also have the tendency to make friends out of unlikely characters; even characters who were originally enemies. Logan and Wallace, for example. And Veronica & Jackie. Remind you of anyone from MSCL? Rayanne and Cherski, anyone?

Another parallel I noticed, though possibly insignificant. It's mentioned many times throughout the series that V. Mars is lacking in the global endowments department. This same detail about Angela was brought to attention in "The Zit."
"So, the mouse makes pressure, just by breathing?...I can relate."

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » May 21st 2009, 8:56 pm

ooh, I love this thread!! though I don't have parallels to post, it certainly gives me something to ponder!!

I too love the fact that Veronica and Wallace were just friends. it's funny but I never consciously noticed this til I read this thread. ha. I think maybe they wrote Wallace as such a constant good friend was that Veronica desperately needed someone her own age she could simply pal around with.

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » May 22nd 2009, 2:49 am

Emmie,
Yeah Veronica and Wallace were awesome friends. I also like the fact that she never hooked up with Weevil. Weevil is probably my favorite character - and the fact that always had each others' backs and only mockingly flirted was entertaining and maintained the characters' coolness.

Let me know if you come up with any parallels I haven't thought of.
"So, the mouse makes pressure, just by breathing?...I can relate."