My So-Called Life Has Gone Reality

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

My So-Called Life Has Gone Reality

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » Apr 17th 2004, 12:52 am

I was searching TV Tome and came across a show that is currently in production. It will be a syndicated show and is called Life In General. Reading the description of the show it sounds a lot like My So Called Life. The following is the description of the show from TV Tome

Life In General is a dramatic television series that is set on the coast of North Carolina. It is a modern story of nine teenagers growing up, dealing with unique stories of choices, moral absolutes, friendship, love, values, faith, and personal tribulation. Characters arrange from all walks of life and placed in a unique setting that television has never seen before. The series deals with the lifes of Paul Wilson, Casey Clark, Amy Halls, JM Morehead III, Roxanne Carson, John Carson, Ashley Lovejoy, Chip Poston, Brooke Wilson and others that make up the world of Life In General. The Creator and Executive Producer John Kearns Jr. says, "This show will be a show like nothing before, because it will tell the truth about teenagers struggling to live a life that is pure and wholesome and in times like today, we need to focus our minds and hearts to what really is important and that is family values."
There`s Something About My Life....

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Apr 19th 2004, 11:24 am

it will tell the truth about teenagers struggling to live a life that is pure and wholesome and in times like today, we need to focus our minds and hearts to what really is important and that is family values."
Pure and wholesome? Sounds a bit 7th Heaven-ish. At 15 you might be trying to live what you think is and idealistic life, but pure and wholesome, doubt it. Your parents were trying to sell it to you, but were you really buying it? At 15 I was just trying to fit in and and survive. Family values? should this be followed by: "this message has been brought to you by the Church of Jesus Chirst of Latter Day Saints"?

This is just my first impression, it's not fair to judge a show on two sentences of a review. I'm just sceptical that a show focusing on wholesome family values would have the balls to show life as it really is.
Last edited by Nothingman on Apr 19th 2004, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 19th 2004, 1:54 pm

Nothingman wrote: Family values? should this be followed by: "this has message has been brought to you by the Church of Jesus Chirst of Latter Day Saints"?
That is exactly how I read it. I am, at the very least very skeptical of this show. I will check it out when it airs though. I'm a sucker for crappy reality shows lol.