Arrested Development

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » May 17th 2005, 6:33 pm

:admire: FOX

And it's for a full season too, not the rumored 13! Although last year was supposed to be a full season...
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » May 18th 2005, 3:36 am

Kristin from E!Online says that there was even a chance of renewing the show for two seasons, but FOX decided against it in the last minute.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » May 18th 2005, 7:09 pm

well, one season is still a chance, and 22 more eps for us to watch. since so many of my shows were canceled or pusshed back (Scrubs?!) then this show is almost all I have left. :x

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 11th 2005, 8:06 am

According to the Hollywood Reporter it's over: The production of "Arrested Development" will be stopped after only 13 episodes this season. FOX claims to burn off the remaining episodes beginning December 5th, but we all know FOX and how they keep promises like that...

"Kitchen Confidential" will also end its run after 13 episodes.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/te ... 1001477984

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Nov 12th 2005, 8:42 pm

this makes me so mad/sad. both of these shows were great. I loved how they didn't just go safe with their humor. they took a chance and were outrageous. I'm seriously getting fed up with television. I feel like I don't even want to start watching anything, for fear of it being cancelled next month. it's maddening!

:evil:

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Nov 23rd 2005, 11:57 pm

Well 55 total episodes is a lot more episodes than most great shows get the privelige of making. I don't blame FOX, I blame stupid Americans for not watching.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Tish
Three Rivers Resident

Re: Arrested Development

Post by Tish » Dec 12th 2009, 3:05 am

i thought AD was one of the smartest and funniest shows ever but like mscl it was another good show that died an untimely death...if it had a permanant time slot instead of jumping all over the place it would have had a larger audience...in my humble opinion...
"i am a punk rocker, and i fight for justice!"