Anyone else order the Kids in the Hall DVD set?

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Anyone else order the Kids in the Hall DVD set?

Post by fnordboy » Dec 8th 2003, 2:52 pm

I am surprised, for more reasons than one, about the lack of discussion about this DVD set on this board. I finally placed my order yesterday for my set and one for a Xmas gift.

I am glad to see it finally becoming a reality :) Am I the only one here?

http://store.kidsinthehallondvd.com/seasonone.html

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Dec 8th 2003, 10:45 pm

I had no idea it had been released. But unless the extra set you ordered was a gift for me then I think I'm going to have to wait until after Christmas to get my set. I really can't think of any DVD set I'd enjoy more. Maybe if I cut a loved one or two from my list I can afford order my set too.
:twisted:

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jan 1st 2004, 12:27 am

I'm not sure if there is anything I love more than the Kids in the Hall!* I was flipping by Comedy Central the other night waiting for a friend to pick me up, and IT WAS ON!!! I hadn't seen this show for years!!! (Granted I've been living without cable for the past five years (the life of a poor college student). Anyway, I am totally stoked for the DVDs!

Anybody else grow up with the Anne of Green Gables movies? I love that two of the guys from Kids in the Hall are in it.

* I was exagerating. I love lots of things more than Kids in the Hall, friends, family, ... But Kids in the Hall DVDs are pretty exciting nonetheless!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 16th 2004, 5:36 pm

info from tvshowsondvd:
Recently there's been a little bit of confusion over The Kids in the Hall: Season One, so we thought we should set the record straight.

Is the DVD set out right now?
Yes, it's available right now from 3 different online stores. KidsintheHall.com, Comedy Central and A&E Home Video all sell the DVD set right now - A&E offers free shipping right now. The magnetic poetry previously available from the KidsintheHall.com store is now gone (it was limited to 2,500 sets).

When is the set available at retail stores?
April 27, 2004 is the official release date for the set. On that day you should be able to find it anywhere that carries A&E Home Video products, which is pretty much everywhere. It'll also be sold at your favorite e-tailers; DVDEmpire.com is already taking pre-orders and we expect others to follow soon.

What about season 2??
I think everyone involved wants season 2 to happen, but that will depend on sales of season 1. The feedback we've received from consumers has been very positive, so we hope the set is a success.

Where can I get more information on the contents of the DVDs
We have a complete listing of the contents on our DVD Release page for the title.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?