Degrassi Junior High

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Degrassi Junior High

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 25th 2003, 9:43 pm

A few people have mentioned that this is one of their favorite shows, so woo hoo!

From tvshowsondvd:
This show's property-holder, Epitome Pictures, is starting to pull together plans to release Degrassi Junior High - and perhaps other Degrassi series as well, such as Degrassi: The Next Generation - on DVD sometime in early 2004.

TVShowsOnDVD fan Ben Downing wrote in to tell us that he had e-mailed Epitome, asking about the shows' prospects for publication. We've described the response he received, and a call by us to Epitome earlier today verified the news.

Right now it's early in the process, and no exact timeframe is available. Specs and extras (if any) are still to be determined. Stay tuned right here, though, and we'll update you just as soon as more information becomes available.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Post by Guest » Oct 26th 2003, 3:47 pm

Thanks for the info. I love all things Degrassi (well except the pre-junior high "kids of degrassi st" series)! I've grown up watching these shows. When I was really young I didn't like it that much but my sister did so I had to watch (or leave the room I guess but that didn't happen). But I soon came around. Degrassi High was quite exciting too. The next generation is way better than I thought it would be (and I'm seeing more similarities to MSCL all the time, maybe i'm looking too hard) and I'm told that this year they will have even more focus on the original generation. I'm still waiting for a Zit Remedy reunion. If they do have a DVD set I hope it has some great extras. Degrassi still airs in reruns here all the time so exciting extras would give me the push i'd need to buy the set.

Double Espresso
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Double Espresso » Oct 27th 2003, 7:10 pm

I liked 'Kids of Degrassi Street' but yeah, 'Junior High' was better.

Come on though - they're realising 'Degrassi Junior High' but STILL NO WONDER YEARS!!!!! :twisted:

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Oct 28th 2003, 7:32 am

When they aired Degrassi Junior High here in the UK they kept 6 of the more riskier episodes behind and aired them out of sync and on the more controversial BBC2 station, at the more adult time of 6.30 pm.

I remember seeing one about Stephanie (I think that was her name) and I particularly recall a scene in which she went into the girls loo's, plonked her slouchy bag onto the sinks and prepared the transformation into her more sexually overt self. She came out all vamped up and she was so aloof and popular and had all this male attention. I remember thinking just how cool she was. Degrassi Junior High is one on a list of TV shows / 80's films that confirmed my belief that the British school system is as dull as the Stone Age.

Now I'm reminded of Degrassi the more I'm seeing a similarity between the above-mentioned Stephanie and our beloved Rayanne.

Yeah, I'd like to see Degrassi Junior High again. But only in sync of course.
Mom. Streamers?

Loz_179
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Loz_179 » Oct 30th 2003, 7:04 pm

Degrassi Junior High is on every night in Oz at the moment, on cable. They play every episode until about halfway through the high school ones, and then they start back at junior high again, coz it's a kids channel and I guess they can't play the ones later on in the series....

I used to love Caitlin, I think I still have a Caitlin book somewhere...

Loz_179
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Loz_179 » Nov 18th 2003, 7:45 pm

OK, so I've been watching Degrassi a little bit too much lately, and I realised something funny (or prob'ly re-realised). In the first season they have a grade 7 and a grade 8, and the grade 8's are supposed to graduate and go to High School, but the local High Schools are supposedly full so they have to have a grade 9 at DJH the next year, just so the characters can stay together in the next season!

At the end of Season 2 the school like burns down or something, and if I remember correctly, grades 7 to 9 all end up at Degrassi High together the next year. Even more drastic measures to keep the characters together.

Tee hee, funny!

msclrules
Liberty High Student

degrassi!

Post by msclrules » Feb 20th 2004, 7:23 pm

the best show ever! mscl comes after it, because degrassi rules!
~msclrules~

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Feb 20th 2004, 8:39 pm

i love love love love love love love love love degrassi the next generation... it is so cute and i remember i use to watch the original on showtime... i just got into the DNG and watched it all last weekend during the valentines weekend special... my favorite couple is sean and emma but i cant believe he stole snakes laptop... what an asshole!!! i heard that terri is the one who dies but im not sure... well i hope the play the rest of season three in the states soon but it wont be till summer...
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

msclrules
Liberty High Student

my favorite couple on degrassi is now...

Post by msclrules » Feb 20th 2004, 8:46 pm

my favorite couple is hazel and jimmy, so perfect for eachother!
~msclrules~

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Feb 23rd 2004, 11:30 am

My favorite couple is Gunther and Lynn. :wink:
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

pistolpeg
Liberty High Student

Post by pistolpeg » Feb 24th 2004, 6:30 pm

My favorite couple is Gunther and Lynn.
hee hee, good one! :jumplaugh:
Sometimes someone says something really small, and it just fits right into this empty place in your heart.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 2nd 2004, 6:08 pm

From tvshowsondvd:
It's been a while since we checked in with a Degrassi update, and so we wanted to let you know the latest about Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi: The Next Generation.

Fans of the show, like Zach Harris (who has done an outstanding job of keeping us filled in on various Degrassi doings!), have written to property-owners Epitome Pictures and gotten a "form letter" response about the future availability of DVDs. The latest version of that response, with some actual plans mentioned, has now been made part of the official Degrassi Fan Pages FAQ:
Is Degrassi available on DVD or video?

The first three seasons of Degrassi: The Next Generation will be released on DVD and VHS in the USA in the Summer of 2004. Plans are also underway to release the first season of Degrassi: The Next Generation in Canada as well as releasing Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi High on DVD. There are no dates for release in other countries at this time. Stay tuned for updates!
Good news indeed, although it's a bit strange that D:TNG gets 3 seasons worth planned for the USA, but native Canada only gets the 1st. A head-scratcher, that one...but at least it's all Region 1, right kids?

"Stay tuned for updates!" they say in the FAQ. Hmmm, sounds like something we might say. Okay, then...stay tuned! We'll let you know more just as soon as we can.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

msclrules
Liberty High Student

Post by msclrules » Mar 13th 2004, 6:26 pm

degrassi is my favorite show in the entire universe!
~msclrules~

Post by Guest » Jun 3rd 2004, 11:11 pm

I love this show. But for the U.S. they need to get it off of The-n. I have serious doubt that The-n will be showing Accidents will happen 1&2. (They deal with abortion). So get the dvds if you want to see these episodes.

JammerMan
Nicky Driscoll

Post by JammerMan » Jul 30th 2004, 11:50 pm

I am a FANATIC of Degrassi: The Next Generation. I've never seen any of the older shows, but I heard they were even cheesier than TNG. :P

Degrassi: TNG Season 1 on DVD being released September 28th! :D

http://www1.funimation.com/degrassi <-- Information
Jordan: Hey, I know that girl.
(Angela looks at Jordan and smiles)
Jordan: Angela!