So whats your favorite new show so far?

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

So whats your favorite new show so far?

Post by mglenn » Sep 30th 2003, 3:34 pm

I'm into Las Vegas on NBC as it has some far reaching potential and I like James Caan's character. Besides I love Vegas, Techy toys and the whole idea of the floor person watching and understanding the human psychology. I think that has something to do with my poker playing and watching for tell's, which brings us full circle back to Vegas Baby!!!

I was into MI-5 up until the hacking episode which was a complete let down. I haven't watched this weeks episode yet.

Joan of Arcadia was OK. I'll give it time to do a bit more with the things they left hanging in the first episode.

Gilmore Girls is right up there still.

Smallville and Angel have yet to premeire but both look to have at least as much potential as they have in the past.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Sep 30th 2003, 4:06 pm

As for comedies, Charlie Sheen's Two and a Half Men is probably the most fun. And at that, its still not great, but the characters of him and the kid are fun, and I can see it growing into a pretty decent comedy. And I've laughed more at the two episodes than any other new comedy.

Survivor's been good. Its not exactly a new show, but the Pirate theme is great! Arrr. Nothing like having a team steal the other teams shoes and sell them for food. Pure piracy! Yarrr! It shivered me timbers!
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Sep 30th 2003, 4:28 pm

So far I like the OC and Las Vegas. One Tree Hill is okay, Miss Match was a bit of a let down but I will still watch it and I haven't watched Joan of Arcaidia yet, but I will watch it this Friday.

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Oct 1st 2003, 8:42 am

I forgot one, The Lyon's Den on sunday's which was ok, but has alot of machiavellien potential.

Would you believe that I have never seen Survivor...I hate reality tv. Can't stand it. Its the lowest form of tv and its a network scapegoat. They get a bunch of no talent ass monkeys and stick them in front of a camera and then give them a reason to stab each other in the back. No writers, almost no set design, other than the prize money no paying actors. Its a cash cow for almost no work on their part.

IT MUST BE STOPPED BEFORE IT DESTROYS US ALL!!!
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Oct 1st 2003, 9:52 am

So far I've liked the premier of Cold Case, both CSI's, ER, Without a Trace, Survivor, The West Wing, and I'm waiting for the Scrubs premier. I can’t seem to find Enterprise on Saturday evenings, was it cancelled or just taking a break? I missed Joan of Arcadia, I’ll have to record it, I don’t watch much TV on Friday nights. I hate how they put all the good shows on the same night, makes me scramble to record it all and then I’m left with crap the rest of the week. I liked Third Watch last year, I’ll try and catch it again.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Oct 1st 2003, 1:34 pm

Don't know if you are searching on your tivo or something when you say you can't find Enterprise, but they changed the name to Star Trek Enterprise. I had to reset the season pass for it and I'm hoping that the are still showing it on saturdays. Its still listed on my tivo. I have to record it on Saturday cause I record Smallville and Ed at the sametime on Wens.

And I know you all feel so bad cause I only have two tivos and not three :D
paypal donations are always welcome to help me in my hour of need!

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Oct 1st 2003, 1:50 pm

I don't have a Tivo, but it used to be on Saturdays at 6pm. I think it was on NBC, or ABC, but I'm not sure. When you only have the three major networks you don't keep track, you just flip through the three channels at the time you think it's on. I keep hoping that it's just the football games that are taking it's spot this time of year. It's good to know that it's still going.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 1st 2003, 2:30 pm

mglenn wrote:a bunch of no talent ass monkeys
:lol:

That about sums it up!

I think the funniest part of reality tv is that after the shows are over, the participants pursue acting careers. Granted some of them wanted to act before the shows, which is why they wanted the exposure, but some of them get a taste of celebrity and can't give it up (despite the griping about "I can't go out in public without people coming up to me") so they all move to LA. There is a place referred to as "Reality Row" where a bunch of Bunim/Murray alumni now live together as roommates and neighbors as they chase their dreams of becoming actors. I hope they realize that living rent-free and having a camera follow them around isn't really ACTING.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Oct 1st 2003, 7:13 pm

Joe Schmo Show! Brilliant!

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 1st 2003, 10:51 pm

Yeah, Joe Shmo's been great. I like that they're not really making fun of the guy, but always complimenting how great a guy is. Its not like the joke is on him, but on reality shows. They could totally be making fun of him behind his back, but it seems like they just respect him more and more. Which is cool.

The jokes on the reality shows though. Great!

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Oct 1st 2003, 11:17 pm

mglenn wrote:IT MUST BE STOPPED BEFORE IT DESTROYS US ALL!!!
Agreed. Where's an angry, torch wielding mob when you need one?

:-P

I've been trying to catch Enterprise but I've been missing the first few minutes of every episode. It's a kind of Star Trek superstition that the spinoffs don't really hit their stride until S3. So far, the new eps have been good, but not amazing, IMHO. Still, it's Star Trek, it gets a lot of leeway with me.

:)
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain